Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-27-2006, 07:56 PM   #1  
Enjoy the day!

Default Hiya

Hiya.. just signed up. I've read a lot of the stories here and actually happened upon the site by a Hoodia search.. (Thanks for the helpful info btw) Anyway I am glad you are here!

I have always been "big boned, chubby.. aka fat." But not as bad as the last 7 years since my son was born. I am 31 and weigh 259lbs. I was 265 a few weeks ago but have started slowly changing my habits and I joined Curves so I'm working out 3 times a week.. (ok usually only 2.. 1 sometimes.... but it'sa start :P) After a trip to the Dr's office and a very high cholesterol level I decided it was time to change. At that point I was hitting Dunkin Donuts EVERY day for an X LARGE coffe with EXTRA cream, and a regular bagel with cream cheese LOAD IT UP! And then my day would only get better by eating out for lunch, and that usually consisted of pizza, subs, whatever other takeout I was in the mood for... and then would end with yet another order out dinner or whatever junk I could find in the house. Basically I was killing myself. So I am now still stopping at D&D for a regular large coffe.. and that is it.. and I eat grapes or a banana with a yogurt for breakfast and I pack a nice sandwich and lowfat snack for lunch and more fruit for a snack in the afternoon and it seems to be levelling me off if nothing else. I do need to work out more I just have no energy ..which is something I have been trying to research but I am scared of taking anymore junk diet pills or energy pills. I'm hoping I can find more info about how you all get more energy in your body as I paruse the site.. wow I am rambling!! Hehe! Ok well now that you know all about me.. it's nice to meet you all and good luck on your goals.. let's do it!
Brendalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #2  
~Jamie~

S/C/G: 310/310/200

Hello and welcome I just joined today too! I, like you, have always been chubby...but I am at my largest now...so I have some work to do too! Well I wish you the best of luck!
IrishCowgirl0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #3  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Brenda - It sounds like you are doing great already! Welcome to 3FC!

Oh . . . I know all about that Dunkin Donuts thing. I used to stop there every morning. I have a drive through one right on my way to work. I had to stop going altogether for awhile, but I think I will be able to add it back in soon and just get a coffee - with milk and Splenda.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:36 PM   #4  
Enjoy the day!

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #5  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Hi Welcome! I am new also. I've been overweight my whole life too. I'm hoping this will be a successful attempt! Good luck and welcome (again)
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi and to all you newbies!! It's a great place for encouragement and support.

Brenda, great start! As for getting energy... first off the healthful food will make you start feeling better. But I suggest just forcing yourself to get out there and do a little bit of something... walking is a great way to start. Even if you can't do a lot just do what you CAN and you will be amazed at how quickly you will pick up the pace!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:47 PM   #7  
Enjoy the day!

Thanks Misti and I like your title quote!