Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #1  

Red face 100 pounds to lose and everything to gain

Hi!

My name is Kellie. I'm 25 y/o and currently weigh-in at 250 lbs. I never lost the poundage I put on while preggo and I gained back whatever weight I did lose after delivery.

I'm desperate. I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea and i'm pretty sure it's due to my weight issues.

Also, my husband and I would like to try for another child, but I don't want to be 250 lbs. and preggo. I'd worry about complications and getting bigger.

I am SO happy I found this forum!

I hope to contribute to the great vibes and inspiration here!!
~*Kellie*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning Kellie! Did you have some eating or activity plan in mind? Or are you still hunting for what works for you?
Either way, you'll find lots of good info and encouragement here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:26 AM   #3  

I would like to try the WW core plan and exercise more! Although I know one of my issues is portion control......
Old 04-24-2006, 10:31 AM   #4  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kellie! Welcome to the forum!

I totally understand that one! I got preggo with my 2nd one at 220 and said oh its ok I will loose it -- well I didn't and I am paying for it. That on top of a depression episode well I was a very big girl.

If I would have known then, I would have lost some first and had done preg. workouts during and of course I sat around eating my Ben & Jerrys and my excuse was it was my craving and it was hot (she was here in July). That denial thing again.

As for the apnea? I bet that will be solved once you are able to loose some of the weight - not positive of course but my dad had it BAD and he lost 50 and he doesn't have to wear his mask anymore. Another bonus eh?
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You're right Kellie, portion control is everything. 'eat less and move more' is a well used phrase around here. Have you found the WW threads?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:00 AM   #6  

I have and they look fabulous! This is the first weight loss site i've found that has a little bit of everything!