Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-01-2006, 03:01 AM   #1  

Smile new to 3FC

Hello i'm new here and still trying to learn how to use and do things on this site. I am tired of struggling with my weight, i'm READY to do something about it. !! I need to loose the weight because i am just too big. I have 2 kids that I just can't keep up with. I want to do this for myself. I've never been small, i've been big my whole life. It's going to be a struggle, but i'm committed to doing this. With some support, I know I will achieve.

I love this site!!!
daeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:30 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Welcome to 3FC!
You have come to the right place for advice & support! You have taken the first step by acknowledging you need to lose weight & you are doing it just for you! We are all in the same boat here. Remember, you CAN do this!!

Best Wishes,
Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:24 AM   #3  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!

There are lots of supportive people here. I feel like I've found a home.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:11 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

HI Daeboo and Glad you found us! Just join in anywhere and people will be glad to show you around and help you get started!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #5  
Getting healthy for her!

S/C/G: 320/274/150

Welcome! This is a fabulous site. So many friendly, supportive & encouraging chicks here! I too have been big my whole life and I am trying to lose this weight so I can be healthy for my daughter. She is 11 months old and I want to be healthy to keep up with her through her toddler years and I figure if I lose the weight now then she won't even remember Mommy as fat!
PM if you would like to buddy up. Congrats on starting your journey & good luck!
healthy_wanna_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Default Welcome...

Hi Welcome! You are making the right choice. I also have 2 kids and know it is hard to move when you are bigger than most. I was small for all of 4 yrs during h.s. and a few years at College, then little by little the weight creeped up on me. It is very hard taking so much off,worse with kids.But just take it one day at a time and you will do great.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Daeboo, one more thing.... just do what you CAN and don't feel bad about what you can't. I have always been very athletic and competitive so it was soooo hard for me when I got a thyroid tumor and not only gained to my highest weight ever but was a slug from the hypothyroid (which praise God is apparently okay now with med adjustments). But when I first started forcing myself to walk again I had to stop and lean on every lamp post, sit on all the rocks, hang on the fences, etc. LOL... plus I have plantar fascitis and bone spurs, AND a weak knee. A bit of a mess LOL. But if I needed to lean on a pole I did. And guess what... after a while I began bypassing some of the poles... now I only stop to rest for a moment or so on really long walks! It DOES get easier. But LOL still... there are times when I am lugging my big ole butt up a big old hill (which if you live in Seattle might as well plan on) and here will come some young guy or chick jogging along past me LOL. Oh well....

Also when I feel I cannot put another foot in front of me I picture all the little fat granules and calories bursting out into the air around me in all kinds of pretty colors LOL... or I start thinking about my cyberpals at 3FC and start praying for each one of them as their name and situation comes to mind! It WORKS!

Oh and if you don't have a pedometer I highly recommend getting one! Amazon.com sells the Omron HJ-112 which seems to be the favorite around here; I just ordered one myself as the ones I had kept breaking. It is fun and helps you see your progress.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #8  
I restore Teeth.

daeboo, you've come to the most encouraging and supportive weightloss forum, home to many health advocates who are all willing to give you kick-a** advice and see you to your goal. Welcome aboard!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #9  

Default Hi

This Is A Great Site.. Lots Of Good Inspiration Here!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote