Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #1  
ALP

Default Newbie in need

of a buddy! Maybe this will give me a swift kick in the pants to get back on track. Before I got off track, I was watching my diet and walking approx. 2 miles a day. I had lost 62 lb, gained 10 back after I stopped. I really want to get started again! HELP!!!
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:45 AM   #2  

I believe you came to the right place. I am new here too, but am already so encouraged just reading the posts and journal entries. It helps to feel that you're not alone in your struggle. I don't know how long it's been since you "got off track" ,but I know for me change can be overwhelming, so I try to make small changes. Once I get used to one, then I add another change, and it really snowballs. I started in Janurary with just the intention of eating a little more healthy. Now I have lost weight and am consistently exercising and weight lifting. It feels so good to realize that you have control. I feel like this is opening so many doors and possibilities. I am actually considering entering a 5k race next month! In december I couldn't even walk that far without dying. Anyway, I guess my point is that once you start, all the good choices you make add on to each other to create positive momentum. You came to a good place to get help and support. Good luck on your journey.
shantel
shantel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255.8/228.4/150

I'm fairly new to this site too. But I like it.
mommy2twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #4  

Hey ladies- Im always in need of a swift kick in the butt to motivate myself. I need to workout today but the weather is crappy today here which gives me a lazy feeling.
Brandi- looks like we are about the same weight looking to lose the same so hit me up if ya wanna chat.
Look forward to hearing from ya ladies soon.
AvsGirly is offline   Reply With Quote