Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-03-2006, 10:28 PM   #1  

Default Been away for awhile, but I'm back and need to Buddy Up

Hi everyone,
Well, I've been away for awhile. For the record, when I logged on it said my last time here was in 2002. Sad! I am still battling with my weight. Oh, well, here we go again.
I am 5'6 and last month I weighed in at 230lbs. My husband weighed in one pound less. Yikes!!
I am participating in a fundraiser where we have joined as a team (5 of us) to lose weight. We have until June. I am hoping that on Monday I have a good weigh-in.
I joined Karate in the beginning of December and attend 3 times a week. The workouts were really hard at first, but I am starting to build some stamina. I am doing the Atkins diet for the 2nd time in my life. (The first time was in 2004) I did well until the weight loss challenge was over and my kids started selling chocolate covered almonds. I ended up buying two cases.
So I am back at it. I am hoping someone would like to team up with me, and we can be e-mail supports. Take care.

Nyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #2  

Smile Hi

Hi,
I am also working on losing weight I need to lose 100 +. I would love to help you in any way I can. How is the Atkins diet going for you? Do you like it?
I am losing so I feel and look better. Hard work but if I don't do I will get bigger and I sure don't want that.
Hope you are having a great Friday!
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #3  

hi Blondywyandt

I will find out on Monday just how well Atkins is working for me. When I did it two years ago it was amazing,......but when I went off it the lbs had no problem finding me. I am hoping this time, because I am doing Karate when I actually ween myself off the Atkins, that the Karate will keep me thin (that is when I get there!)
I really like Atkins. I have been on it for over a month. On thing I started this week was to eat a fruit before Karate. It seems to not have had any effect on the Ketosis thing. I check frequently with the keto stick.
Thank you for replying so quickly. I hope we can help each other achieve our goals.

Nyree
Old 03-04-2006, 03:50 AM   #4  

Smile

Nyree,
I tried Atkins before but no luck. I lost but I felt really tired all the time. So you liking Karate? That is so cool you are doing that really good way to tone up and lose. I have the keto sticks. What all do you eat like a average day? I am excited to see what you lose come monday I bet you can't either.I love steak and cheese and stuff but I also like my carbs. I lost 136 but regained 106 back and that is so upsetting I severly depressed and I slept and ate and gained. I worked hard to get it off to regain is aweful feeling.This time I will keep it off.Seemed easier last time to lose now its harder. Well I am off its only 4:00 am getting hubby off to work.
Have a good saturday!
Jessica
Old 03-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #5  

On an average day I will eat
Breakfast
eggs (1-2)
sausage
and cheese

Lunch:
tuna with mayo
a salad

Supper:
Meat, cheese, etc

I will keep better track of what I eat. Sometimes with the breakfast I eat, I'm not that hungry and tend to just have snacks (atkins friendly)

What else. Oh whip cream is my treat. Not always, but if I am feeling left out I will whip up some cream and eat it.

I am very excited/anxious for Monday. I am hoping I do well. Our group met today, and we all guessed what we thought we lost. I am guessing 7lbs. Also, we are going to try and use our ellipticals. A few of us have them, but use them as clothes hangers. So I am going to try and use it everyday for a little bit!!!

I do love Karate!! Let me tell you, it is not easy lifting these legs. I am usually in a big sweat when nobody else is. I do really enjoy it though. It is a challenge and always different!!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 04:30 AM   #6  

Smile

Hi,
Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work. I have lost 3 pounds for last week. So I am happy I did that. I love cheese and stuff but it is hard for me to give up the carbs. How do you do it don't you get tired of just meats and stuff? I heard you can have jello sugar free that sounds good! Have a good Monday!
Keep up the great work Nyree!!
Old 03-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #7  

I lost 3 lbs, and my husband gained 2.
As far as getting tired of the low carb., I'm o.k. I don't miss the bread. I think I told you that I have been on Atkins for a month, and I recently started adding a fruit before Karate, so I feel good about that.
Thank you Blondie for keeping me in mine. It helps to be accountable, doesn't it?
Take care
Nyree