Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2006, 07:34 AM   #1  

Default New and Need Support and Help

I'm not on a diet yet or exercising. I'm not sure what diet to use. I looked around a bit before I joined to see what I could find on Nutrisystem. I'm curious about how others have handled that. I know about TOPS and there is one close by, I've just never been and don't know what kind of support they give.

I've used WW before and generally like the help they provide in food choices and education. If anyone can help or suggest or knows anything to help get me started please pop in and give me that advice.
quiltmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:46 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi quiltmama, welcome to 3FC!

We don't have a forum for Nutrisystem, but there are a few of our members following the program. You'll find a few threads in our General Diet Plans forum. I recently tried a week of Nutrisystem for a review, and will post it on the home page in the next day or two.

Good luck!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #3  

thanks, I just ordered a week from QVC. I didn't even know you could get it anywhere else. I will try and make a beginning between now and the time it comes. How did your week go?
Old 03-07-2006, 06:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/185/155

Newbie here. Hi there!

While I'd heard of this website, I never really came for a peek until one of the members of another forum (which centers around all things NutriSystem) posted a link to your review of NutriSystem.

Oh my goodness... you should hear all the folks who called the review "harsh." And, of course, posting my opinion got a few panties twisted! Heaven forbid I should have said, as a NS user, anything negative about the program.

I've been doing NS since the first of the year. It works... all diets "work"... but I'd have to agree that the NS food isn't the best I've ever tasted. I have a few favorites, including a few things I'd say I "love." For the most part, the food is so-so. If you're creative, however, there are plenty of ways to doctor-up NS food to make it tastier.

It would definitely take more than a week for someone to determine whether NS is worthy of trying, although the weight loss the reviewer realized would at least speak something positive of NS. I've lost 16 pounds since the first of this year on NS. The convenience and not having to think about what-to-eat are the perks of the program.

For those looking for convenience, NutriSystem is definitely worth a try.
Lanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:38 AM   #5  

I agree you need more than a week, but I'm ok with cooking, low-calorie and low-fat but I do appreciate all the convience NS offers. I don't find the foods I've tasted so far bad, but I did order only a week. And it is going to really get its test now, I have to be away for 2 to 4 days and I intend taking all of my NS meals with me and that is what I will eat. I'll pick up some fruit to go with it and that will keep me on balance. I like the idea of NS and if it was just me I'd do it and only occasionally cook, but my husband is not very picky and I can bake chicken or fish for him and myself and he'll eat any vegtable so I feel pretty lucky. The only other hassle dieting that way is keeping up with and tracking all of the calories. I've found a couple of easy ways to make that work too.

The one thing I've found a bit harder to handle with the NS is a lot of their evening and lunch meals contain beef and pasta. But, so far the ones I've tasted have all been good, but neither of those are favorites for me. My cousin has lost a lot on Nutrisystem and nothing else has worked for her. I think each of us should work with what every system or parts of systems that help us get there. I think too, that a lot depends on our own personality styles and taste. I certainly don't believe anyone else's way is the right way, or any one way is the only way.

I'm pretty sure I'll order more NS and more than likely one of their bigger packages like the 4 week plan, but I'll use it as it fits my overall routine and life style. I think we all have to do what works for us. We all have vastly different lifestyles and issues so I say, what ever it takes to work we should all applaud each other and encourage each other.

I intend to use what ever works, I add in a little Adkins (the bars), and South Beach (bars and frozen meals) and even slim fast, I love their can shakes on occasion. What ever it takes to get me through the day and make it to the next day.