Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-27-2006, 01:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/263/125

Talking *waves a big sign that says "I'M NEW!"* :)

Hi guys, I'm new. *points to sign*

I'm Brie, and I'm 23. Due to some interesting life events, I'm just now finishing my sophomore year in college. I've been accepted to a school in Montana that was my absolute first choice, and I'll finish degrees in Systematic Theology and Chemistry there. Then I want to go to med school!

Med school is one of my biggest reasons for wanting to lose the weight, although not the only. I don't know that I'd be discriminated against in the interview process because of my weight, but it's my opinion that I should be. All accounts I've heard of medical school point to hard work, sleepless nights, and lots of running around. I can't do ANY of that right now.

I'm done making excuses, and I'm doing it now. I've dropped 11 pounds so far, and I'm hoping to drop another 15 in the next month, so I can participate a little more easily with my church's Habitat for Humanity group on April 1. Exercise is my big issue - I hate it (like a lot of people I know) and because of that, I never bothered to really learn anything about it, so I have no idea where to start. I do that whole..."ok, gonna get in shape. Ride bike for 10 miles! ...oh my LEGS HURT, I'll take the next week off..." thing. Yeah. So I'm reading through lots of different threads here, hoping for some good info for a beginner.

I'm really happy to have found this place, it looks absolutely fabulous and I hope to get to know a lot of you!

-Brie
corayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

It is absolutely fabulous and you have come to a great place ......here a thread you may want to try.....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77459

I know you will find lots here who will be glad to help
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote