Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-18-2006, 06:39 PM   #1  
Why is this soooo hard?

S/C/G: 187/181/135

Default I'm new and looking for a buddy

I think I posted my first message in the wrong place (sorry Crimson blue for jumping on your newbie thread!! ). I am new here and I would like to have a motivational buddy and someone to go through this with me. I don't have any solid support system here at home because my friends were blessed with a metabolism that works well. I on the other hand have the heredity that blessed me with a lazy metabolism. I want to lose about 45 or 50 pounds so that I can get back down to the 130's. I am a firefighter and on the verge of my 29th birthday so the heart attack issue scares me and though I look okay - I want to look awesome come my 30th birthday so that I will have something to celebrate. I'd love to have a buddy to become friends with so we can support each other, help each other and provide encouragement. Any takers??? Good luck everyone.
aileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

Welcome Aimee.. Good luck with your weight loss efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:37 PM   #3  

Hi AL. I will be your diet buddy! I am doing South Beach Diet. What are you doing? Do you work-out? I have a membership at the gym but need to motivate to get there!
SBG
SouthBeachGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:52 PM   #4  

hi aileigh, i am a 32 y/o sahm of 1 beautiful girl. I wanting to shed about 50 to 60 lbs as well and i am looking for someone to be a friend and give it to me straight. I have a stairmaster that just arrived the other day and i am up to 5 minutes. yipee thx to a friend of mine I am not doing a specific diet too manny rules for me to stick to and I always kick myself too much for not adhering. So all I am doing is cutting cals to 1500 or so and carbs are to like 80 i think. I would like someone who emails and pm's frequently because it is an all day struggle for me and I need the shoulder. If u think we r a match feel free to pm me.
brandyangel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:55 PM   #5  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi I am in. I am doing jsb also. I need ti lose @ 35 more pds. Would love a buddy. I jcurrently have increased my exercise to almost everyday. I have a crazy thyroid so I do seem to have to work extremly hard . I am so in need of some good buds. Warning my typing stinks
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:33 AM   #6  
Why is this soooo hard?

S/C/G: 187/181/135

Default Thanks Everyone

Thanks dj, brandy, southbeach & liliann. Dj needs some good buds, well I'm here and brandy needs support and sounds like southbeach is all game too... so we can all 5 work together and support each other. That way there are various ideas and when one person isn't available there are others there. I go to college during the day brandy, but after that when I am home my comp is on I mostly use aim - aileigh04 is my id for aim and this_blonde_does_have_more_fun is my yahoo messenger id.... add me and we can communicate that way. You can add me too dj, southbeach & liliann... I am currently taking two phys ed classes (as filler credits) at college and one is a conditioning program and the other is in class... this way I have to answer to someone and I have to exercise because my GPA depends on this. sneaky eh!! I don't really diet either because it doesn't work for me and I don't eat a lot of carbs or sweets... rather my problem is activity level and generally too big of portions. So my portions are much smaller and I am trying to stay under 1800 calories... plus diet sodas are out because the sodium causes me to retain water and that is poundage too... Okay girls.... where do we go from here? I have to go to the firehall to work a fundraiser but my aim and messenger is up - This will be fun and in the end well worth it
aileigh is offline   Reply With Quote