Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #1  

Default Looking for Ms. Motivation 2006

I am new to this site, logged on for the first time today. I have to say I love this site!! So much good (free) information. How can I possibly go wrong? I am looking for a weight loss buddy. Someone who can kick my butt when it needs to be kicked. (severe tongue lashing via email) Someone who can motivate me to move.
I am a mother of 6. I have four that I gave birth to (17, 14, 11, 2) and two stepsons (17, 9) that live with us! That, alone is part of my problem. I love all my children but they fill my entire existance. Someone always needs something that only I can provide. My husband works nights and I work days. So, while he is at work I have all the kids with me. I work fulltime for an airline and I also see AVON as a hobby. Please, don't be afraid....I will not try to sell you anything!!! When I get home I have to cook, clean, and take care of babies. The last thing on my mind is exercise. I bought the Biggest Loser DVD over a week ago and haven't done it yet!! PLEASE someone come along with motivating words to make me get up and exercise. I also need to revamp my dietary habits. Eat out at least once a day, which is horrible. I haven't weighed myself on a scale in 3 years. My family has a history of heart problems that I would like to avoid. I will be 40 in June. I am having a graduation party for my oldest girl and would like to look hot!!! I am a non-smoker and have always been which I think is the only reason why I haven't been strapped with the health problems of my family yet!!
That's about it for now. If you can relate and are looking for someone to help motivate you also. Please feel free to contact me!! Have a good day!!
tommysgurl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:24 AM   #2  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss! You can do it!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #3  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello and welcome!!! My but you've got a full house dont you! I bet there's never a dull moment! You can do this! and you arent alone!! Good luck!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to say Hooray for making a step to changing your life! I think that my biggest weight gain came from eating fast food and drinking beer!
Once you stop eating out, (unless you are really careful with your menu choices), you will see a diffence right there. I don't eat fast food everyday anymore. Maybe not even every month. And I haven't drank beer in a long time. I'm confident that little changes make a big difference. Good luck and welcome!
MiaManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #5  

You are one busy mom! I'm new here to and think this is a wonderful place that is motivational in itself, I can only imagine what a buddy can do.

Since you are so busy and active, maybe just starting with the baby steps first. What changes have you made with food? First things first. You might not find it logical to hit the gym 4 days a week with how your schedule looks, but fitting in the little things will make the difference. Maybe when you get home, instead of colapsing, put your tennis shoes on, get the baby in the stroller and walk for 10 minutes. Then head home and get dinner going. Just thoughts. Good luck! You can do this!!!!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:32 PM   #6  

Thanks you guys for all your positive responses. I am sitting at the computer right now trying to get the courage up to go weigh myself for the first time in 3 years. I'm a little afraid to be honest on my starting point but I know it will be the first step!! Again I thank all of you for your words, your encouragement, and your example. This is a great group of people and I feel inspired. I just hope it lasts this time!! Have a great night ladies. And, thanks again!!
Old 01-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #7  

Default Take the First Step...

I know this might sound nuts, but you really will feel better about the step you are taking once you know where you are beginning. You are being honest with yourself even though it's tough. I just got over this same hurdle, and even though I was extremely upset, I couldn't act to surprised. I already knew there was a problem, and knowing how much I actually weighed made it so I could say I made the first physical step to changing. It's hard.. you might feel discouraged, but know that everyone here has had to deal with the same feelings as you. You're not alone.. by any means. It'll get better! You can do this!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #8  

Well, I did it. I stepped on. I hated it, but I did it. It reads 214. Even worse than I had imagined. I knew there was an issue but I have gained 100 lbs in the past 20 years. That to me is amazing!! Am I the first one to be extremely surprised by this first step? Probably not. But I am crushed right now. I am so ready to make some serious changes!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #9  

The other question I have for you guys is how do I add the ticker thingy to the bottom of my messages? I wanted to list a long term and a short term. But, I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:44 AM   #10  

Here's what I found, and it's really simple! Just add the code into your signature.

We are frequently asked how to get the weight-tracker code into your signature. Maybe this will help

1. Open two browser windows. In the first window, go to your forums UserCP and click "edit signature" from the menu at right. In the second window, go to www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/

2. Follow the instructions on the weight-tracker page to make your tracker.

3. Now that you have made your weight-tracker, choose the code that you need to copy. There are three versions of the code, depending on where you plan to use it. You need the FIRST version for our forum.

3. Highlight then copy the code.
Click inside the box of code. With some browsers, just clicking it once will highlight it (turn it all gray). OR
Take your mouse, and place your cursor at the beginning of the text in the box, then click and hold the left mouse button, while dragging your mouse over the text. This should highlight the text. Now release the left mouse button. OR
Right click in the box so you get a small popup menu, and select "select all" from that menu
(We suggest the last method - right click and select all - because we've noticed that some people don't click and drag the full code, so their trackers don't work)

4. Now that the code is highlighted, you must copy it. Hold the mouse over the highlighted code, right click your mouse so you get the little popup menu and choose "copy" from the menu.

5 Now go to your other window where your signature box awaits. Hold your mouse over the signature box and right click your mouse. Choose "paste" from the little popup menu. If you don't see "paste" in the menu, that means you did not copy the code and must go back and try again.

Scroll down and click "save signature".

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so now you've lost weight and want to update your weight tracker. What do you do? There are two ways you can go about it.

1. Start with step one as above. Delete the old code from your signature box, and paste the new code in its place.

How do you delete the old code?
Take your mouse, and place your cursor at the beginning of the text in the box, then click and hold the left mouse button, while dragging your mouse over the text. This should highlight the text. Now click the "delete" button on your keyboard. OR
Use your delete or backspace button to delete the code one character at a time.

Now paste the new code in the signature box, and click the "save signature" button.

OR

2. Edit your signature tracker code. You can keep the same images without having to make a new code, and just update your weight.
Look at your code and you will see three numbers that represent your Starting weight, Goal weight, and Current weight. The last number is your current weight and is the only one you need to change.
Change the current weight to your NEW current weight. Make sure you don't change anything else, or you may have to go make a new tracker. Now save your signature.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are new to computers and want to practice copying and pasting, we recommend this page http://www.worldstart.com/tips/shared/copypaste.htm for reference
Old 01-31-2006, 10:46 AM   #11  

And drop me a line off forum, and maybe we can buddy up? Ys, I was surprised when the scale told me 201, but I couldn't really *act* like it since I knew there was a serious issue. Now that you know, do you feel a bit better?
Old 01-31-2006, 11:07 AM   #12  

Default I think I got it now!

Thanks for the info. This is my test message to see if they are actually working. I somehow find ways to screw up the easiest of things.!!