Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #1  
Feeling the burn

Default New to this board

Hello all,

just thought I'd say a quick hello. I just joined this forum and from what I've seen so far, looks like a great place! Read so many inspirational stories already!

A little about myself...I woke up one day and realized I had gotten way bigger than I thought I was. lol Funny how one day, it just hits you... "I'm fat!" Like couldn't I realize this when I only had 20 pounds to lose? lol Better late then never I guess.

I've lost 55 pounds so far. Yay me! I've tried losing weight before, but never stuck with it. I'd go on a diet and then the old..."a little bit of this", "a little bit of that" and soon, old habits are back and the weight is at a stand still. Or worse...it creeps back up! Eep!

This time, I'm not really dieting. I'm living healthy. I'm eating what is good FOR me...not what feels good to eat for the moment and then makes me feel all blah. And I think that's the biggest difference for me this time around. I look at food as "is this good for me?" Same thing with exercise. I don't look at it as punishment for being fat...I see it as a gift to myself. Doesn't make it any easier lol But now I think about what all of it is doing to my heart, my skin, my hair, my energy. And the feeling of accomplishment makes it all worth it.

Anywho...enough about myself. lol Just wanted to say hi and good job everyone!
Fit_Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #2  

Welcome to 3FC!! You'll love it here. I know I do. Also, Congratulations on your weight loss!! That's great! You should feel extremely proud. Keep up the great work!

Artsy
artsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:41 PM   #3  

Default New to the board also.

I totally understand what you're talking about. I thought I was so fat in HS when I could have lost 25 lbs and been at my goal weight. Instead I get to 270 lbs and realize that I have to do something about it. I had gastric banding done in 8*04 and got pregnant 2 months later! Had my son 8*05, and now I'm back on track. I am 45 lbs lighter than I was, so it's a big start, but I have 100 lbs to lose to be at my ultimate goal. My son is my motivation for losing the weight, I want to be able to run around with him, get on the floor and play with him, etc. Plus, my 10 year reunion is next year, and I want to be at least the weight I was in HS...that's only 75 lbs to go! You have to look at exercise like a blessing and not a punishment, otherwise it'll never work, it's great that you look at it like that. Good luck and I hope to see you around.
Kelly
Ceallach631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:52 AM   #4  
Feeling the burn

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thank you artsy!

Ceallach631 : Good luck on your goal for the reunion! You can do it! I am looking forward to the day I can safely run into people from HS and not feel like a blimp. lol I think that's one of the only times my weight ever bothered me...when I run into people I haven't seen in a long time. I know they must be thinking "woah! what the heck happened?!" But who can blame them, I'd probably think the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Keep it up!! Having your son as a motivator is the greatest thing!
Fit_Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:54 AM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Just wanted to welcome you as well! I "knew" I must have been bigger than I felt/thought, but yes I also had that moment where I woke up and thought "my gosh, I'm FAT!" LOL!

Congrats on your weight loss!!! Keep up the good work! Best thing you can do for yourself
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote