Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-23-2006, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/150

Default Another newbie!

Hi all! I'm Reva and I'm a mom to three. (well, one is in waiting on me in Heaven, but obviously I still count him). Anyway, I took a good long look at myself this weekend and decided that *something* has to be done! It's not so much that I want to lose so I can look "good"-right now I'm all about getting healthy for myself and my kids. I want to be around long enough to enjoy my grandkids. I have fibromyalgia, and it's so hard to even move sometimes! Maybe it will still be that way when I lose weight, but I owe it to myself to see.

I look forward to getting to know you all!
chewysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:50 AM   #2  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

Hi there, im fairly new too but so far this site has kept me motivated through the day! Welcome and good luck!
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi chewysmom ... tell us a little about what you think you'll be doing and then we can make suggestions and steer you to some good threads.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/150

I really like Jorge Cruise's approach-I started today! I'm so excited!! That probably sounds silly, as I've *never* been excited about losing weight before. But something's different this time. It just feels real this time.

Anyway, I've read Jorge's 8 minutes in the mornings for real shapes, real sizes. I'm starting there, b/c as I mentioned earlier I have fibromyalgia and it's just HARD to exercise. (sounds like an excuse I know, but the pain is all too real.) So I love his gentle approach to exercise.

I had to adjust my ticker. I've been w/o a scale for weeks now, but I bought one today. Boy was I surprised when I got on it-I'm 4 lbs heavier than I thought!
chewysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

There are lots of very supportive threads about Jorge Cruise, have you been able to find them?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote