Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #1  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

Default Another Newbie in the mix!

Hi all, i seen this was the place for introductions as well as buddy sign ups... so i wanted to come in and introduce myself...

let me start with please bare with me I use a lot of internet speak and poor grammar, plus i just can't spell worth a damn... yes i can type properly and generaly speak well, but online i just throw all the rules out the window... plus it slows down my typing speed

ok that said ...

I'm Tayja, I am currently living in the very south of GA, I have a littel boy who will be ONE next month, as I will be 26 next month as well... I'm recently divorced, the asshat walked out on us last june, divorce was final in august.

I'm currently working VERY part time (as in i bring home just over $200 a month part time) and going to school full time, my life is pretty internet based, what few off line friends i had have either moved away or i have moved away so we only keep in contact online, and i am a member of another message board as well where i have made some great friendships, and hope to continue that trend here, i havnt lived in GA very long so i havnt really met too many people here yet, as well my home life does not leave much room for a personal life, about the only time i have for ME is the hours i am at school/work, the rest of the time its about everyone else.

So i guess thats the basic background info... now on to the weight info

I'm 5'2 and was 219 at my highest, when checked into L&D to have my son. I was actualy one of the lucky people (which i hear is rather common in those who are over weight) who lost weight my hold PG while carrying a healthy baby, I was 210 at the time of conception and up until my 9th month lost weight the whole time, then in the last month I put on like 15lbs (not sure the exact number but it wasnt much) which brought me to 9 pounds over my pre-pg weight.

When we got to come home from the hospital 3 days later i was at 206 :banana: i got down to 183 shortly after having the baby with pretty much no work at all, which had been the lowest i had been in about 3 years... but i have over the last few months started putting it back on again...

my goal weight is roughly 110-135 depending on muscle tone etc... i didnt used to be this big... 8 years ago i was a cute little "smurf" at 123 but still felt pudgy, i have always had large hips and thighs and that little lower tummy pouch, so idealy i would like to weigh less then that... BUT i know muscle weighs more and when i was 123 i had no muscle or toning at all... so realisticly if i add muscle and i tone up i think i could be around 135 or so and look better and smaller then i used to at 123, plus with these dreaded hips and thighs i dont see a lot of that weight going anywhere since it was already my problem area so at 110 i could end up very unproportionate.

I am waiting for my financial aid re-imbursment which i should get the middle of march and I have made the decision to join curves i have heard great things about it and there is one very close to my house and since its only 30 minutes, even if my mom has to bring EVERYONE and take me its not too big a deal to wait in the car... they have waited in the car longer then that when we have been to the dr or grocery shoping.

ok so this is been very long winded and more power to you if you have made it all the way through it... you rock

the break down...

Highest weight: 219
Goal weight: 120ish
Current weight: 198
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:08 PM   #2  

Default know how you feel

I have 3 little boys which helped contribute to my weight. I wasn't one of the lucky ones as far as that goes but I weighed about 125 in highschool and I always thought I was fat but when I look at myself now I can't believe I ever considered my self fat. I would love to look that way again. I was very physically fit in high school and I just want to cry when I think about how I let myself go. My weight gain actually started with an illness but once I got better I just continued to let myself go. Thankfully, I am still happily married, but he's never had a weight problem and he can't understand how it feels to go through this so it makes it extremely difficult to communicate with him sometimes. I'm 5'2" and weight 195 and I too would like to get down to about 125 but I would like to be as muscular as I use to be so I'm probably looking at closer to 135. Personally I'm just looking forward to weighing less than my husband. Good luck with your weight loss.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:35 PM   #3  
The Me I Wanna Be !

thanks for the well wishes !

yeah my weight i think was part of what split us up among pleanty of other things, XH just couldnt understand, he was one of those people who could eat like a horse and nothing but junk food and lose 5lbs, he was 5'11 and at his highest weight was 150... i blew past him in weight a week after the wedding and just kept gaining

i can not beleive i used to complain i was fat when i was that small before either... at this point evne if i only got down to like 150, if i toned up a little i would still be like a size 10 (juniors which run smaller then womens) and could be pretty comfortable, i'm a womens 16 now, i cant even get into a plus sized juniors item... which sucks cuase the juniors close are so much cutier and more my style but i know that i wouldnt be truely happy there for an extended period of time i still need to be smaller to reach my ultimate happiness i think

Good luck to you in your WL Journey !!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:27 AM   #4  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

hey tayja! funny to see you here!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:12 AM   #5  

I am new here as well. Just a friendly hello.
paganpurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:20 AM   #6  

Hey Tayja, glad you found us!
It sounds like you are really getting things put together for yourself, and you have the determination to see this through.
I am 5'1", and I know what you mean about "thinking I was fat" way back when, and now would sooo wish to be that weight again!
racegirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:51 PM   #7  
The Me I Wanna Be !

renee !!!!!! Hey you !!!

Hi Everyone else !! thanks for poping into my introduction !! I look forward to seeing you around the boards and chatting !! Good luck with your WL Goals **insert hug... still need to learn the smilie codes here**