Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #1  

Cool REALLY frusterated

hugh? I just tried to post a thread and I don't know where it went....Anyway, Im 30, single (like that isn't sin enough in my family) and I am not comfortable in this body!!! I've been on the south beach for over a week and gained 2lbs. Granted I eat more peanuts than recommended and eat dinner in the latter evening but come on! I shouldn't be gaining. I exercise like 6 days a week for a little more than an hour. Most of my fat is in my stomach and I am grossed out by my stomach. If anyone is lookin' for a bud to share experience, strengh, hope as well as frusterations I'd like to do the same. Peace 'yall! Here's to thinner tomorrows! (I'm toasting water, but of course
brandyandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #2  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Sorry you're frustrated. Did you just start working out within the past 2 weeks as well? If so you might be retaining water? There's a gal at my gym who worked out 6 days a week, including weight training and she didn't lose 1 single pound for 3 months!!! She certainly got much trimmer during that time, but for whatever reason the scale didn't budge. I cannot imagine how frustrating... Anyways, keep up the good work. It'll come off. Hopefully someone can encourage you who's been in your exact shoes before.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #3  

hey brandyandi....don't worry...i'm sure you'll see results soon. have you intensified your workouts? maybe that will help....instead of just doing maybe level 8 on the elliptical for 30 min., do intervals. something of that sort. It helped me.

Keep going! You're doing fine! Have a great day!!! Smile...
sunnybeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:21 AM   #4  

Default Hang in there

If you hang in there you will start seeing results. Maybe you should measure yourself and judge your success on inches lost instead of the scale. Also, you might want to change your exercise routine. What are the different types of excerising you are doing and for how long? Sometimes a variety helps your body start losing.

I hope your day is better!
RAken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:35 AM   #5  

Hi there!

I agree with the previous posts..sometimes u gotta mix things up a bit...ya gotta keep your body guessing..sometimes it gets used of the same routine and will not budge....
Hang in there..Have u taken body measurements lately???You may be losing inches...and THAT TO ME IS AS GOOD AS THE NUMBER ON THE SCALE!

Hang in there!
mam43711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:08 PM   #6  

Melissa, that is awesome you lost 100lbs! How did you do it?

brandyandi, let us know how your week is going?
RAken is offline   Reply With Quote