Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #1  

Default Needing a buddy or two!!!!

Hi there everyone! I am looking for a buddy or a few to travel this journey that I am taking on!!! I am doing WW and would like to swap journals and recipes and inspiration to keep on moving along!

I am at my heaviest weight I have ever been 220, can't believe I let myself get this far! Anyway not for long I am very motivated since there is $500 on the line at work with a group of us doing a mini Biggest Loser contest I have to win!!!!!!!

I am going to be 38 in March and have 1 child who is 18 yrs old, 2 cats and dog. Gee the cats and dog are so simple compared to the 18 yr old...lol!!!!

Ok so if you want to jump on the train here with me post away!!!

Michelle
Sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #2  
So far from skinny!

Hi Michelle,

I weighed 220 when my son was born and now even at 192 I am VERY ready to lose the rest! I am trying for 160 currently and would be ecstatic at 140!

I am doing a combination of Slim-Fast and Tae-Bo and would love to chat with you if you like.

~BeckyBee~
BeckyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:25 PM   #3  
"Wendy"

Default In desperate need of a buddy

Hi Everyone, I came here today looking for support and this certainly seems like the place to find it. I am 30yrs old and am changing my life. I am a navy wife and mother of 2 boys ages 9 and 2. I dont have it in me to keep up with them anymore and know it's not what's best for my family. I need to take the weight off to be a better me for them. I think I have recently gotten the tools to lose it, but I just have to start doing it. My hubby just left today, so today wasn't the day to start, so I'm going to begin on Monday. I hope I can find a friend here that can do this along with me. My closest friend up here is over 2 hours away, so I literally have NOONE here for support at the moment, only over the phone. Last year when my hubby was gone for 5 months I lost a total of 51lbs, so I know I have the ability, its just getting the mindset back that I had then. I have since gained some of that back due to lack of motivation and life change since he returned. I have a treadmill here at home(that I am currently waiting for lube for), I bought a ball and a stretchie tubie band thingie that I plan to use. So Monday is the day I am going to change my life hopefully forever. Thank you to all who read and respond, and I wish each and everyone the best of luck.
Take care,
Wendy
git_it_done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #4  

I would love to have a buddy as well as I am just beginning the journey as well!
big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #5  
Til'

Hi Wendy et al,

We have much in (almost) common. I live in WA state, am 31, and have two children (boy, 8; girl, 4).

I'm in a constant state of needing to lose weight. My weight-loss "buddy" is a former co-work who just got laid off. Now I feel a little like I am on my own, too. I have a treadmill I haven't used since about May. When I did use it, I exercised faithfully 4-5 times a week at least. I lost 40 pounds, and have gained most of it back. I weigh (gulp) 243 today.

You sound ready to go, Wendy, but you didn't say how much you weigh and/or how much you'd like to lose.
Ravisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #6  
Til'

Just read your profile, Wendy, I see that you weigh 240 - close to my 243! You want to get to 155. I have no idea what to shoot for since I've pretty much always been overweight.
Ravisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:41 AM   #7  
"Wendy"

YEAYYYYYYYYY Someone that can relate. I havn't used my treadmill in about a year and a half or so. I had to order new lube for it and am waiting for it to come in. I have a hard time visualizing myself as a thin person. So, I'm just going to start out with short term goals. I want to lose 12lbs by the end of Jan. I think thats fair. I always tend to lose more in the first few weeks than any other time. I watched Biggest Loser last night, it was a HUGE motivation. I cant wait to share updates.
HOpe you have a great day,
Wendy
git_it_done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:43 AM   #8  

Hello~~ I too am looking for a buddy.... I just started the "thats it, I am changing things" 4 days ago-- forming new habits and paying attention to what I eat and drink. I would love to chat, and keep up with everyone elses progress... weakness.....ideas..... inspirations....goals.... or whatever!! I have a blog I started kinda to keep me accountable<grins> I have always hidden (ok how can you really hide weight?) the truth... that I was gaining wieght, my self esteem was being hit, and that I was tired. but now... I am determined!! We WILL do this ladies!!~~ I am so glad I came across this website!!
Gracie W4C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:09 PM   #9  

Default Hello

Hi everyone! Well let's take this journey together then we all sound like we are ready to do this. I also watched Biggest Loser last night I love that show wish it was on every week again it is a big motivational tool.

What plans is everyone following? I am on WW and would love to swap journals with some else who is also doing WW it gives ideas and inspiration.

Well need to check on dinner fish tonight, will check in sometime before I go to bed.

Michelle
Sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #10  
mis

Smile

hello sassycat, I am new to this forum but would love to have a buddy to do this with. I am 27yo and 3kids. I desperatly want to lose weight, so bad i can taste it but I do not have alot of motivation. I get motivated for awhile and then it just withers away. I have been watching the biggest loser and have some motivation NOW, I just need to keep it. I am at 157lbs and would love to weigh 135 and be very toned by this summer. I think that you said you are doing WW, keep with it.I did it for 3wks and lost 10lbs,but i quit going the meetings and gradually the weight came back! So stick with it girl!!!! Hope to hear from ya and anybody else that can help me and keep me motivated
slimmer mama someday is offline   Reply With Quote