Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 02:12 PM   #16  

adrod have you thought about seeing a dietician ? that's what I did and she's very encouraging , and a Dr can help with the depression to , I love Paxil ,I have also been on Lexapro it's a good one too....don't be ashamed to go see them that's what they are there for ..the best advice I can give is "give up soda" you wouldn't believe how much weight you can gain from that stuff ...
Old 12-02-2005, 02:38 PM   #17  

About a week ago I took that same hard look at myself in the mirror. I discovered that I hate the way I look and I shouldn't look this way. I am an active person, Charley, my dog, and I walk 2 miles every day and I am constantly cleaning. My washer and dryer are downstairs so I do plenty of stair climbing so I figured I was doing enough excercise. I finally discovered that I am not eating right. Basically I am eating too much. I am a stay at home Navy Wife and I have discovered that I can lose weight with no problem when my hubby is out to sea but when he comes home it is way too hard to eat right since he pretty much refuses to eat veggies (which I love). He just got back from a deployment in the middle east and while he was gone I dropped 30 pounds. But he has been home for 5 months and I have gained back 20. I feel a lot of it is I felt like he deserved to eat whatever he wanted considering what he had just been through and I ate right along with him. He is a recruiter now and home all the time... THANK GOD! But our eating habits haven't changed. Well at least not until last monday. I told him that I was going on a diet and that I was doing it until all the weight was gone. So our eating habits were going to change and he would have to get used to it. I don't want to keep him from eating and I usually fix a pretty balanced meal but I am just not fixing as much anymore. I fix 2 servings of everything now and I don't keep any left overs. I am so glad to see that I am not the only one frustrated with myself. Even though Jay tells me that I am beautiful everyday I just don't feel that way. So I am begging, Please lend me a supportive ear. Sometimes I just need to vent and I know that I don't always make sense but I am going to try to post my progress every day. Thank you all for reading my ramblings.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:50 PM   #18  
Finally fed up with fat

Smile

Hey ajparkhill,
I can be supportive if you can be. Sounds like we are in similar situations only my husband never leaves! My problem is my job. I work long hard (mentally) hours and when I get home I have the kids. My two are 12 and 11 and my husbands are 14 and 10. The 14 and 10 year old don't live with us but just having my two is a handful and then not to mention when his kids are here. (whoa!) By the time I get home and do laundry and clean house and listen to the girls news of the day and then spend time with my husband and cook dinner.... you get the drift. ALL I want to do is take a long hot shower, check my email (and now check 3fc!)

I have only been on the forum for 2 days and the help and concern and caring words that I have recieved are amazing! I will certainly have some complaining to do but hopefully I can have encouraging words for you. I have done the diet thing for what seems like my entire life. I lost 30-40 pounds several years ago by taking my lunch break (1 hr) and I would eat a weight watcher meal and then walk for 30 minutes. I felt amazing....and then I moved and changed jobs. All that work went down hill. Now, I can't do that because I don't get a lunch break. I have to SHOVEL food in between taking 911 calls, talking to city, county and state officers on the radio. We also dispatch EMS and 10 fire departments. most of the time I don't even see the light of day until I get off work at 5:00 pm!

Bottom line?
I HAVE TO MAKE TIME TO EXCERCISE AND EAT RIGHT.
I CAN DO THIS I CAN DO THIS I CAN DO THIS I CAN DO THIS I CAN DO THIS...
Old 12-05-2005, 08:12 PM   #19  
Finally fed up with fat

Talking

Well it's been about a week since I ran across this 3fc and I am wat pleased!
I did great on my eating today. It really wasn't that hard! I think it's all been in my head that I can't do this. I actually felt my stomach growl at work yesterday! I was always feeding myself and never gave it a chance to growl. A REALLY big step forward for me!! April
Old 12-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #20  
prepare for the BEST time

Congrats April!!! (small changes can really make a difference). You sound much more positive than last week!

It sounds like you are super-busy with young kids and your home. You can incorporate some exercise while doing laundry (lift a full detergent bottle over your head a few times---do a 1/2 push-up off the washer, etc).

At work, the more water or herbal tea you drink, the more you will have to get up to walk to the ladies room....
Old 12-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #21  

Talking

YAY APRIL.....I'm so proud of you !!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:44 PM   #22  
Finally fed up with fat

Hey to everyone,
I'm doing much better today. I'm so excited. We all went out of town to my in-laws and I didn't eat one single dessert! Dessert is my life and for me not to have eaten any is a major accomplishment. My overall eating was pretty good too. Not perfect but... I'm happy!!
Old 12-16-2005, 12:23 PM   #23  
Finally fed up with fat

Hey, I just wanted everyione to know I've lost another pound and I am inching toward my Christmas goal!! I have resisted ALL the sweets that have been literally pushed into my face at work. Why is it so hard for people to understand the word no? I guess I really can't blame them, I've always broken down before. NOT ME! AND NOT THIS TIME!!!
Closed Thread