Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Momof3girls- Welcome. Im thrilled you jumped right in. We are here to support each other. You so welcome to stick around and join in on our conversations at any time. I too understand what your saying about your Dh. Im sure he knows how much you weigh without you telling him. I know my Dh surely knows how much I weigh without me telling him. I had never really come right out and weighed myself around him until after I had my youngest. The nurse asked me right in front of him how much I weighed. I had no choice. I had to say it. I reluctantly said 280 (before giving birth). Then the day I was to leave the hospital I weighed on the scales they had in the room. He was there and asked me how much I had lost. I was 275 but I gave birth to an 7lb 8oz baby. I guess it was from all the IVs and fluid I had. At my 6 week check up I was down to about 270. Ive ballooned back up there since I have had him. During my pregnancy I was sick as a dog. I lost down to 250 at about 6 months pregnant due to morning sickness. I figured I would tilt in around 300 lbs by the end of my pregnancy but I didnt. Then after I had my son I wasnt sick anymore and felt like I could eat a horse. I ate my way back up the lbs ladder. My Dh is no fool. I know that he knows I am overweight and that I need to loose LOTS of lbs. However he still LOVES me. He treats me just as he did when we met. I think thats one reason I put off loosing the lbs until now. He never really said anything about my weight. Yesterday was a major milestone for us. I actually worked out with him. He knows his stuff (even though he isnt a personal trainer). He has worked out almost every day since he was in high school. He will be 29 on the 10th. He showed me alot and even though I felt like an idiot he didnt mind my stupidity. I think that once you get on your way you could ask your Dh what exercises he suggests or something. You dont have to do them in front of him. Wait til he is at work or in bed like I do. Even though I may work out with dh tonight with the weights I will wait til he is in bed to do my crunches, leg lifts and things. I ride the exercise bike while he is at work during the day. Oh and I saw those Tae Bo Boot Camp collections at Walmart last week. I wanted one but couldnt afford it at the time. Id love to have it though. Once again. Welcome.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #32  

Hi Guys

i have been sooo busy lately. sorry! christmas and the heat ! (we are in a heat wave!, i have put on the air con, to cool the house enough to run on the treadmill, after i get the kids from school!)

Momof3 i am with you on not asking help! yes it confuses some but it is personal! My Dh is into fitness though not a personal instructor, i can ask him little things, like i will ask.. for tricepts what can i do, and he will show me a couple of things, but to say to him.. hey wait i will join you for your run! that would be a HUGE day when i have the guts to do that! Althougth to have a partner would mean a lot! My best friend is overweight and we walk all the time, I have suggested taking it up to partly jogging and she laughes and says " like **** i will ever run" and that is the end of the conversation.

Alana congrates for the workout with DH! wow! that is a brilliant step to make, i don't think i could yet face that! You are a lot stronger than me! I am not embarrassed about the wiggly bits or things like that, i just feel Interupted if my DH becomes involved in my fitness? if i am working out! say running on the treadmill and he comes home, i will hop off and say, whew i am finished, even though i am not?? I just feel ... like i am being selfish doing something for me? or feel uncomfortable to be wanting to do it for me??

gotta go....
sonja
Old 12-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #33  

I totally understand that. I really do. I feel the same way. I am that way with everything. I feel bad for doing things for myself and taking time away from my family but sometimes we have to do things for ourselves. I think it is totally normal to feel that way. I believe all Moms have those feelings at some point.

So your having a heat wave at your house? I would love to be back in the summer here. Its like 20 degrees right now.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #34  

hi! have room for a newbie???? i need this support badly...
Old 12-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #35  

Sure. The more the merrier!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 04:43 PM   #36  

How is everyone doing today?

Ive done really good today and havent ate anything that I shouldnt have. I still havent exercised because I have been feeling a little under the weather today. Yesterday went really well. I came in with 3 banked points and done 14 minutes on the exercise bike. Im trying to up it a minute everday. I also had a full 6 8oz glasses of water.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:02 PM   #37  

I did my treadmill run! in the heat, I must be a fool, but it felt really good after i had a shower than sat down.. I thought "i did it!"
The food is getting easier the longer i stick to it, journelling is a HUGE help for me! now though i write out a menu the night before, if i don't i tend to eat too little, if i have a plan of attack i am fine, if i eat something different than planned, i just adjust the rest of the day to fit the cals in. Like today MIL and FIL are coming over, which means coffee and cake! so i will add that in and scratch dessert tonight.

Hi Mizz vicki, 3FC is brilliant for support, don't know how i would do without coming and checking in! makes me accountable!

It is going to be one hot christmas here, i would give almost anything to have a white christmas! instead of sweltering trying to cook, while all the chocies have melted and the kids are trying to kill each other, since they are all hot and crabby!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:16 PM   #38  

Hi I am Nikki. I am 27 years old and single with no kids. Currently living in Arizona in the Glendale area. Over the last year I have gained a tremendous amount of weight. I am at the heaviest point of my life. I recently joined weight watchers. On my third week and I have lost 4.8 lbs.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:59 PM   #39  

I can totally relate to the journal helping. I write everything I eat down on my WW book and it really makes you stop and think about how much food you are actually putting into your body.

WTG on the treadmill. I think I would have had to pass if it is that hot. Its cold here and I think that helps me along with the bike. Im feeling better finally but still have no been on the bike today. I confessed that to Dh and he said its good to take a break once in a while so you dont get burned out and so your muscles can breathe. I have been on the bike everyday except one in the last 2 weeks. I think I deserve a break from it tonight. But I will try to do something else tonight so I dont go the entire day without exercising at all.

Ive only had 4 glasses of water today. I havent felt well and really havent drank that much. I know its not an excuse though. I should have a glass before every meal but I havent today. Shame on me!!!

Foxcblak- Welcome!! WTG on the almost 5 lbs lost!! Thats great. Are you exercising as well as doing the WW?
Old 12-10-2005, 06:30 AM   #40  

let yourself have the day off alana without feeling guilty, muscles need time to rebuild after you do excercise, especially if you are only starting out.
i try to do 4-5 days a week, and then find something different to do another 9like a jog! (walk!LOL) or kayak, ....

keep up the motivation, you can do it!
Old 12-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #41  

I didnt end up getting to do anything last night because my little boy came down the the stomach flu I weighed this morning (I know I should only weigh once a week) and I was down 3 more lbs. Thats 9lbs so far! Woo hoo!
Old 12-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #42  

How did you do yesterday girlies? I done ok. I didnt get to work out because of the sick kiddos and being a little under the weather myself. However I did great with my points. I did go grocery shopping and walked alot doing that. I hope I do as well today plus get in some exercise.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #43  

Yes, I exercise a lot! Thanks!!
Old 12-11-2005, 06:44 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 298/230/150

hi alana, Im new to this site and like you I love reading all the motivated posts. I think reading all this will help me achieve my goal. I have lost 40 pounds this year, but have a lot to go. Its just going to take a while and I have to realize that.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcblak
Yes, I exercise a lot! Thanks!!
Thats great. It really helps to drop the lbs faster and to get in better shape. What kinds of exercise are you doing? Im always looking for something new.
Closed Thread