Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 12:07 AM   #1  

Smile n00bie here

Hello everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Eric. I've read through alot of post here and it looks like there are alot of great people here. Hopefully I can get some much needed encouragment from this forum. I've been struggling with my weight for a long time and have almost given up (not that I want to, but it's really really hard not to sometimes)
Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Eric
Old 11-16-2005, 09:14 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Wink

Welcome aboard Eric! You will definitely find all the encouragement and support you could hope for here, it is a terrific forum. The last time I was OP and going strong, I would come here daily and get/give encouragement... It was a vital part of me losing 50#.... Now that I am ready to give it another go, I made this site one of my first stops!

I hope you are off to a good start.... Don't give up.... We all have our bad days, when we think we can't, but always remember, even when you go off track, tomorrow is a new day, a clean slate to start fresh with. And always remember when you are feeling like throwing in the towel to come here and post.... Someone will help you change your mind.

If you need a buddy, I'm here.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:55 PM   #3  

Thanks for the encouraging words Jenn. I appreciate it. The last diet I was on I lost about 45 lbs. I've gained about 25 of it back. Right now I would like to loose about 60 lbs. I know it's possible, it will just take a while. It's always easier said than done though. I think alot of the problem is eating at night. I get off of work around 6-7 in the evening. I come home and eat and don't get any exercise the rest of the night. All throught the day I'm pretty active though.

Eric
Old 11-17-2005, 12:07 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Red face

I get home around the same time and make my DH dinner and we eat around 7:30 most nights and then occassionally snack afterward... I don't do anything but sit on my butt and cross-stitch or some other hobby in front of the tv with DH. I don't seem to have any problem with not changing that. What I have changed is I up my water intake again, I am eating more often during the day and I joined a gym.

One word of advice... Diet is a four letter word and I try not to use it... I see a "diet" as a temporary thing, something that has an end and if you view it like that you set yourself up for failure... You need to make lifestyle changes, things that you can live with forever. So I am not on a diet myself, I've adopted a new daily living plan for myself.

I hope that make sense.

BTW, you are right about it being a long road, but it makes it all the sweeter when you get to your destination... A long journey brings an even greater appreciation of your new ground, you know?

I think it is starting to sound like I'm preaching so I'll stop I hope you had a great day!
Closed Thread