Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 08:48 AM   #1  
Want the old me back

S/C/G: 190/182/160

Height: 5 7"

Smile Moms Weigh In - W/o 11/14

HAPPY MONDAY LADIES!!!!!!
Ok we area looking for some great weigh in's today and throughout the week. Some of us - including myself- did not have the results we wanted last week; which is completely normal, but has the ability to motivate and push us harder.

Well my stand still really helped me all week and everytime I had the urge to not get active or eat crap I remembered how I felt last Monday and the disappointment I had in myself. Well it worked, this week I lost 2lbs!!!! I am so proud of myself, not only for not giving up but today I reached my first mini goal of getting out of the 190's where I have been stuck of the longest time. This morning I weighed in at 188lbs and will make my next goal to get out of the 80's and look towards 179. The mini goals work really well for me.

I cannot wait to hear about everybody else's week. I am honestly so happy to have found this group because we are all motivated and have not given up. I know it has only been 2 weeks, but on my own I would have restarted my diet 4 times now and would not have lost a pound. Thanks ladies for all your support and encouragement.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:15 AM   #2  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Congrats on your long awaited loss. I weighed in this week at 304 pounds, down three from last week. I'm not exactly sure how I did it, but I did and I'm happy. My goal for this week is to exercise in all of exercise days and to cut out soda completely.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #3  
NavyWifeMomOf4

Location: Home is Gulfport Mississippi but staying in West Virginia for now.

HOORAH Andrea! I am glad you made your weight loss. Thats great!!! I wont know how I did this week until Friday hoping that I atleast stay the same and dont gain. My family had a very emotional weekend so I wasnt as motivated as I usually am. I gotta kick it up though only 3 weeks and my Hubby's home!!!!!!! I am also cutting out soda this week, I usually only have 1 a day but I am going to see how much off a difference having none makes. I have my morning exercises done for today still have my evening dance and stretch to do. Hope everyone is having at great day and feeling motivated! Good Luck!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:17 PM   #4  

Hi!

Great job ladies!

I too was very motivated by the disappointment of last week and was really good this week. I only lost 1 pound but anything in a downward direction is a good thing, right?

This week I am going to try to be a bit more active and keep on that water routine.

I agree this group is a big help. For some reason, it makes a big difference to have to confess to other people at the end of the day!

Cat
Old 11-14-2005, 04:54 PM   #5  
Want the old me back

teahoney - That is a fantastic loss. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will see a change within no time; not only in your body but your overall attitude.

Cat - What do you mean you 'only' lost 1lb. One pound is one pound....it was awesome!!!!!! It's a step in the right direction. Congrats on having a great week and keeping up with the water. That is really the hardest part for me...the water

Navywife - Wow, 3 weeks.....you must be so very excited Can't wait to hear about your weigh in this week. You have a few days left so really make them count! That evening dance and stretch sounds fun; I should try something like that. They just opened up a new rec centre down the street from me and offer tons of classes; I should check them out.

Well ladies have a fabulous evening and I wil check in tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:05 AM   #6  

Andrea....You know how it is...You jump on the scale just hoping it is miraculously 10 pounds below what it was the day before. But believe me I know even one pound is heading in the right direction. Plus, I have gone the route of fast weight loss before only for it to come flying back.

And by the way, great job getting out of the 90's. That must feel great! Your doing such a great job.

Cat
Old 11-15-2005, 06:05 AM   #7  
here we go again!

S/C/G: 230/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Woo Hoo Andrea! I knew you'd do it! Doesn't it feel great? The feeling of stepping on the scale and seeing a loss really motivates you to do good the next week too, so you can experience that feeling again and again. I'm so happy for you. Before you know it, that scale will be saying 179. 188 sounds like HEAVEN to me right now, lol.

Welcome Teahoney... sounds like you are well on your way to your goal! Every journey begins with a single step, and 3 pounds is a giant leap! So glad you joined us. Please stay and continue to post, or we'll have to come lookin' for ya, lol.

Navywife- 3 weeks! Hoorah! I have 2 1/2 weeks, and I am about to pee my pants, I'm so excited. He is suppose to leave Iraq Dec. 1, so he could be back in Georgia 3-5 days later. Believe me I know how motivated and excited you are. TO FINALLY HAVE OUR OWN HOUSE AGAIN!!! LOL! Keep up the good work and I bet you can have at least another 2 pounds off by the time he sees you.

Cat- 1 pound is 3500 calories! 1 pound is awesome and a lot of work, great job! Water is key for me. I find now that I can feel it if I haven't had enough. I do WW and I bought this 64 ounce tumbler cup they sell and I just keep that bad boy full all the time. You'd be amazed how much water you will drink if you just keep it with you all the time.

I weigh in on Thursday and good or bad, I'll let you know. I went out to eat with the girls at a sports type resturant tonight and as I walked to the table everyone started saying how great I was looking. That really felt good and it kept me from ordering bad! I got a dinner salad and a chicken sandwich and enjoyed every bite just as much as if I'd eaten the hamburger I really wanted. Plus, no guilt as I was walking out the door. What also helped was I was able to wear an old pair of my jeans that I haven't been able to get into since before I was pregnant with Eden. Awesome week coming, I can feel it! Good luck ladies......
Old 11-16-2005, 11:23 AM   #8  
Want the old me back

This is just a quick hello and to make sure everybody is having a GREAT day!!! Last night was somewhat hard. I went to dinner with friend, we always go to the same restaurant and always order the artichoke and spinach dip as an appetizer...but not yesterday!!! Instead we got two meals and shared them. She got a Grilled Portebella Mushroom chicken breast and and got a Grilled Seafood Salade; I stayed super healthy and did not feel that gross full after I ate.

Amanda you fit into pre-pregnancy jeans....that is one of the best feelings in the world isin't it Keep up the amazing work.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:10 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone,
I weighed in yesterday with a lose of 1lbs. So far so good. Right now I am have a craving for Molassas Cookies!!!!!!! I own a clothing store and right across the street is a coffee shop that has homemade cookies so I need some willpower vibes sent my way. I may give in and just have to exercise more or eat less later... Hope everyone has a good week!!!! Is any one worried about Thanksgiving mealtime????
Old 11-17-2005, 01:43 AM   #10  

Macyesmom....How did you do with your cookie craving? I hope you were able to make it through your day on your diet. I do believe that sometimes it is better to have a small portion of the things we crave and adjust for the rest of the day rather than deprive ourselves which leads to later failure.

Cat
Old 11-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #11  

The cookies was delicious!!!!!!!!! I am doing WW so i just had to adjust my pts for that day. I agree that you have to give yourself a break otherwise you will give in to your craving and it starts a downfall. So giving in sometimes is ok with me. Have a good week!
Old 11-18-2005, 03:55 PM   #12  
Want the old me back

maycesmom, good for you; it's so ok to indulge every now and then because if we don't feed your cravings then we could over indulge because we are restricting ourselves from what we want.....(I have no idea if that made sense )

I think we should be having some new weigh in's today.......

Where is everybody???????

I hope everybody has a great weekend. Tonight is a pizza party for her awards night for her track team. I am going to eat before I go and maybe only have half a piece of pizza (veggie pizza). I am expecting a good loss for myself come Monday.

HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY WEEKEND!!!!!
:
Old 11-19-2005, 03:01 PM   #13  
Want the old me back

HI girls, let me here how your weekend is going.

Last night we had an award night for my daughter's track and field club....well I ate 2 pieces of pizza. I did make sure though to eat the veggie slices. Hopefully this won't cause a problem at Monday's weigh in, but considering how good I have been doing this week it shouldn't.

So how are the rest of you doing this weekend....any temptations?
Old 11-20-2005, 01:21 AM   #14  

Hi!

Well, two pieces of pizza shouldn't throw you off too much if you are being good the rest of the time. We all need a little treat here and there. I personally think it keeps you from falling totally off the wagon.

My husband is off work all week and we love to go out and eat so I have to be really careful. Not to mention Thanksgiving! Yikes! I will be good though. I really want this!

Can't wait to hear how you do on Monday!

Cat
Old 11-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #15  
Want the old me back

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!!!!!

I want soooo badly to lose this weight but I keep sabotaging myself. Yesterday was going great until my mom and grandmother stopped by. My grandmother brought me 3 of my favorite chocolate bars I guess it's just a grandma thing to do right? Well what on earth is wrong with me....I ate 2 of them I am really upset about this but could have easily have stopped it by just giving them back or throw them in the garbage. This is going to kill me tomorrow when I weigh in. I don't want to, but of course I will. So I know exactly what the problem is tomorrow if there is no change or a gain. If there is a gain I may just cry
Closed Thread