Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 04:13 PM   #1  

Default Anybody looking to lose around 50 pounds?

Would love another diet buddy.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:18 PM   #2  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Oh, pick me! Pick me!

Hehe...

Yeah, I'm looking for a buddy. Mine always seem to disappear.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:19 PM   #3  

Hehe. I'd love to be your buddy. PM me sometime and we'll have a chat.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #4  

hi, i joined up a while ago, but have a little trouble navigating around the site, so have not been back alot. i would also like to drop 50 lbs, and 10 by christmas seems very doable..what is your plan? i would like to be your buddy too, not sure how to hook up..
Old 10-23-2005, 02:51 PM   #5  

Default looking for buddies too.....

Hi,

I would love to be part of this group. I'm actually aiming for about 70 lbs. Starting a healthy lifestyle change today, so weighed in today all that jazz and really really looking forward to it.

cheers,
hoolagurl27
Old 10-24-2005, 10:48 PM   #6  
Central Coast Chick

Can i join up too? I'm aiming for around 60 pounds myself.

Jayne
Old 10-25-2005, 12:32 PM   #7  
Bound and Determined

Grr... this stupid thing didn't tell me this thread had any replies until today, a week later! So, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner!

Anyway, the weather here is a little wonky (i.e. the power keeps flashing off every 10 minutes or so), so I'll PM you chicks later when I'm on a stable connection and we'll get something going.

~Elisha
Old 10-25-2005, 05:48 PM   #8  

I'd love buddies too!!!!! how old are ya'll and how much do you want to lose?
Old 10-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #9  
Bound and Determined

OK, so now my electric is stable (for the time being, at least), so I'm up and running!

So I've been thinking about the best way to go about this, and I've come to the conclusion that I need more information!

Since there are a few people who replied to this thread, I could use some input from the rest of you.

Questions:
1. Do you chicks want to start a group with as many people show up, or do you want to buddy up and have a specific buddy?
2. Would it be easier/more helpful to use 3FC, instant messaging, or email?
3. If IM, what service (yahoo, AIM/AOL, msn, ICQ)?

As for me...
1. I'd like to have a group, but if we want to email or whatever with someone specific, that's fine too. I sit in front of a computer all day, so it all works for me! If someone communicates with me, chances are I will reply (eventually!).
2. I'd like to IM, chat here at 3FC occasionally, or email. 3FC forums and email are good, but I also think it would be nice to have a more real-time support system like chat or IM at least occasionally.
3. I have all four of the messenger services I listed (and at home I use Trillian, so they can all be on), but at work msn is the easiest for me and most reliable for me to use.

Of course, if anyone else has any suggestions or questions, please jump in! (I just sort of took over, didn't I? Not intentionally, I assure you.)

As for my stats... I'm 25, live in north-central West Virginia, weigh about 213 right now. I've been overweight my entire life. Lost about 40 pounds last year, gained some of it back, now getting back on track and getting the rest of the weight off for good. My goal is anywhere from 150-175. I've never been there, so I don't know exactly where I'm aiming. I hope I'll know it when I see it.

Anyway, I hope to hear from you chicks soon!
~Elisha
Old 10-27-2005, 06:24 PM   #10  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Me too! I'm looking to lose around 60 lbs.

Here's a little about me. I'm 25, almost 26. I'm a SAHM and college student. I have a 2 year old and a 9.5 month old. I'm currently at 212 lbs and a size 14/16. I'd like to get down to around 150 I think. I'm aiming more for a size 6/8 though. (I was a size 0 at 125 lbs, so I'm not sure exactly what will look right for me, ya know.) I joined the gym about 2 weeks ago, and I'm going 3 days a week to do cardio and weight training. I work out at home 3 days a week doing cardio, pilates, and belly dancing. I take Sundays off. Many times we'll go to the zoo or mountains or something though, so I'm still getting in plenty of walking. My dh is trying to lose weight too, so we've changed out eating too. We're not doing a diet, we're just eating healthy and watching portion size. I lost 3 lbs the first week.

As for the questions:
1. Do you chicks want to start a group with as many people show up, or do you want to buddy up and have a specific buddy? Either.
2. Would it be easier/more helpful to use 3FC, instant messaging, or email? Again either. Im easy.
3. If IM, what service (yahoo, AIM/AOL, msn, ICQ)? Right now I only have yahoo on the computer. (We got a new computer, and I've just been too lazy.) I have AIM and MSN names too, and could download those too.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:31 PM   #11  

May I join you ladies. I just joined today, although I have been on this journey for almost 6 months now. My name is Ida and I am a proud mom of a 3.5 year old. I work full time and we have a pretty busy schedule overall.

My short term goal is to break 200 and do a 10K race in the spring. My long term goal is to be 145lbs and run a marathon. Currently I am at 215 and since July I have lost 15lbs when I started a running clinic at The Running Room. Since then I have run 2 5k races and I will be running another one in December. I also plan to do a race called The Resolution Run on Dec 31st which is 8K so I think I am well on my way to my 10k race in March.

As for the questions:
1. Do you chicks want to start a group with as many people show up, or do you want to buddy up and have a specific buddy? Either.

2. Would it be easier/more helpful to use 3FC, instant messaging, or email? I am game with any of them, but I think a combination might be best for me.

3. If IM, what service (yahoo, AIM/AOL, msn, ICQ)? I don't currently have any IM on my computer, but that can be easily changed.

I look forward to getting to know you girls and to achieve our goals together.

Ida
Old 10-28-2005, 04:41 PM   #12  
Losing for Life!

Hey those of you looking to meet a weight loss goal of 20 pounds or less come and join us on "Buddies looking to lose 20 pounds or less by Christmas" So far we have 25 people on board and I figured out that if we all lose 12 pounds we could lose a total of 300 pounds. I would love to make that number bigger, so come over and share your weight loss with us!!
Old 10-28-2005, 04:51 PM   #13  
Bound and Determined

Ida, of course you can join! Congrats and GREAT job on losing 15 lbs so far!

Can I ask, how did you start running? I'd really like to take it up, but each time I try my body tells me it's not such a good idea!
When I do try, I usually do something like jog for 30 seconds, then walk for 5 minutes, and do that cycle about 5 or 6 times. I can't handle much more than that, and the 4th or 5th jog is really tough, but I figure I've got to start somewhere, right? I'd like to participate in cancer walks and the like, but I've never felt fit enough to commit to something like that.

At any rate, it's hard to run where I live now, but we are moving soon and it will be much easier.

Anyway, welcome!

Everyone, I'll send out some PMs on Monday morning to get something going. Have a great weekend, everyone!
~Elisha
Old 10-29-2005, 09:11 PM   #14  

Default I'm in!

Hi there....I just joined today! My goal is to lose about 50 pounds by August 2006, when I am getting married!

I already posted a "newbie" post in the buddy up forum so I won't repeat myself totally....basically I'm 25, a law student, and engaged to an amazing man who has changed my life

I'm following a Zone diet with no breads, pastas, starches at all, and mostly organic fruits/veggies/and meats - nothing artificial (sweeteners/flavours/etc.) I'm also doing weights 2-3x per week, and some type of cardio every day (job/long walk/bicycle).

Since Sept. 12th, I've lost 14 pounds!

Stats:
female
25 years old
5"7
Current weight: 201 pounds
Current size: 14
Target weight: 150 pounds
Target size: 8-10

I usually weigh myself on Fridays, anyone else interested in posting their weights weekly??

Good luck to everyone!!
Old 10-30-2005, 08:08 AM   #15  
Bound and Determined

Hello Faith! Welcome to 3FC! And congrats on losing 14 lbs so far! That's GREAT!

I too am losing weight in preparation for my wedding in January of 2007. That's still so far off for me that it's hard to use it as motivation. But I have a cruise coming up in February (probably--we haven't set the exact dates for it yet), and another beach vacation in May that I want to look good for.

I'm all for weekly weigh-ins. I usually weigh in on Mondays, as it helps keep me accountable over the weekend, but whatever. Technically, I weigh in every morning, but on Mondays it's "official."
Closed Thread