Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:44 AM   #1  
The Rockstar Bride To Be

Red face Less than 7 months... Need support...

I'm a new chick here....

I just need some mental support. I have less than 7 months until my wedding, and I've been gaining a pound... losing a pound. Off and On.
I've been trying to diet, but with sisters who are 120lbs... and who love to go out to eat... it's been tough.
I've been trying to work out, but I never know how to get myself on a schedule.

I guess I'm looking for someone to talk with, suggest things with, encourage with, and help me get to my goal... or at least around it, before I have to squeeze into a wedding dress in June.

Thanks,

SX
Old 11-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #2  

Great job on losing 8 pounds. I understand how you feel. BUT you can do it. It will take work and dedication, but you can attain anything you put your heart to. It is hard. I am struggling myself. Sometimes I feel like, if I could lose 15 pounds, then the rest would come so easy. It's just for me, the first 15 are super hard.
Good luck and I am sure you will make a beautiful bride no matter what!
Sonya
Old 11-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #3  
The Rockstar Bride To Be

Thanks for the first bit of mental support...
I know it's going to be tough... and the first 8 pounds took me about 3 months to lose.

I know the wedding will be beautiful, I just don't want to look at myself and not see who I know I am.
Not just the appearance of weight gain, but medically as well. I have really bad asthma, and with every pound I gain - I feel like it's one more asthma attack I have.

Argh.
Sometimes, the stress makes me dive head first into a jar of peppermint patties.

All in time, but what if you don't have a lot of it?

SX
Old 11-07-2005, 05:09 PM   #4  
stbakd

could you try not going out with sister because restaraunts are to tempting
glen
Old 11-07-2005, 09:16 PM   #5  
The Rockstar Bride To Be

I don't see that happening...
I'm too into my sister's lives... we do everything together...

Oh well. I'll figure out something...
Old 11-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #6  
No more fat mama!

You have to be mentally ready to do it. You can go out w/your sisters, but eat in moderation. Look at the menus and find the good for you food. Not the junk that tastes good. I hear ya about going out, I love going out to eat. It is so much more convenient than cooking at home. But if I want to lose any weight, I have to be strict and say no. PM me if you need anything.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 PM   #7  
The Rockstar Bride To Be

I walked 3 miles tonight, drank about 7 glasses of water, and managed to go out with my sisters.
We talked wedding plans, I had grilled salmon with green beans, a glass of diet coke (water and fish are icky together...)

...and my grand total of caloric intake today:

1,635 calories.

Whew...

Am I supposed to feel this lethargic?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:21 AM   #8  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold
I never know how to get myself on a schedule.
On Sunday nights, I sit down and schedule my workouts. I actually write down the times in my calendar ahead of time so it's like a "real" appointment. That way, I know ahead of time when I'll be working out, and exercise becomes a real priority. Example: If I'm making a dentist appointment and the receptionist says "How about 2pm on Thursday?" I might say "I'm at the gym then, do you have anything after 3pm?" For me, it's a "gym appointment," but if you work out at home, you can schedule that in anyway ("3pm walk," etc.) It really helps -- maybe you could try that.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #9  
Collie Mommie

In the 4 months before my wedding, I went from 200 to about 165. I did it terribly unhealithily, eating only a granola bar and coffee for breakfast, carrot sticks and diet Coke for lunch, and a Hot Pocket and salad for dinner. And I exercised for an hour or more every night except Saturdays. Of course, in the months following the wedding, I gained back all of the weight, and then some, so now I am doing it slow and steady.
It sounds like you need to schedule in the exercise and keep it as an appointment. Now, I have an appointment 3 days a week at the gym, every Mon., Wed. and Fri., and on weekends I have long walks with my dogs and misc. work around the house (gardening, cleaning, etc.). I also eat a lot more food than I did when I was crash dieting.
When you go out with your sisters, do not finish all of the food on your palte. Have a healthy snack (fruit, cheese, veggie sticks) an hour before you go, and save half of your meal for a "doggie bag." Fill up on a salad with light dressing. Do not eat from the bread basket (there is usually a carb with the dinner anyway).
You can definietly lose a good amount of weight in 7 months. Even a loss of a pound a week would get you down over 25 pounds.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:35 PM   #10  
The Rockstar Bride To Be

To know that someone else accomplished the weight loss in a short amount of time, gives me hope. I just want to be able to look back at the photos and know that I did everything I could to drop the weight. I don't want to feel regret on my wedding day, because my boobs are popping out of the top of my dress.

I did what many of you suggested, in my wedding planner I marked 'gym appointment' every day at 4-5pm.

Also, does it help to do crunches etc. in the morning? I hear it speeds up your metabolism, but I'd like to hear if it worked for anyone else.

Thanks to all of you, you're giving me one of the greatest pre-wedding gifts... Help with getting my smokin' body!
Closed Thread