Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #1  

Default Maryland - anyone?

is there anyone in the Maryland area near Silver Spring? I am looking for a weightloss buddy, please email me if you are interested

Last edited by Sparklez; 09-13-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #2  

Hey. I'm in Maryland I've been looking for a weight loss buddy too, and to have one thats also in MD would be great! Let me know if you want to be "buddies" and I'll send you my email address or whatever.

I have 60ish pounds to go...with a goal of 145, but in actuality I would like to be less then that-about 140ish...depends on what size clothes I wear Haven't been doing to well lately (gains the past 2-3 weeks---ew) so I need motivation!'

Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #3  

Oh & I just mapquested from where I live to Silver spring...an hour & 1/2. So we're pretty close!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #4  

cool! i see you are losing weight! Congrats

i need serious help, because i have medical problems (fibromyalgia, sciatica, heel spurs, flat feet, stomach problems) and the weight is making it worse. Watching what i eat is not a major problem because im so restricted, even though I do treat myself from time to time, but the exercising is what is hard. I don't have any motivation to get up and exercise and the is a gym in my apartment building that is free to tenants

when i do exercise it is sooooooooo boring to do it by myself.

i have to lose 100 lbs or my health is going to get worse

what part of maryland do you stay in?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM   #5  

Yeah motivation is my problem to., but so is making the right decisions in the first place.......I went a slight jog tonight, and when i say slight i mean SLIGHT, and it's so pathetic b/c I was out of breath in NO time!

I'm in St. Mary's County, mapquested about an hour & 1/2 away from silver spring!

How old are you? where do you work etc?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:53 PM   #6  

Are you ever on AOL instant messenger?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:29 PM   #7  
Jump

Default Salisbury

Hi- My name is Di...I just jumped on the scale and realized I have gained ANOTHER 9 lms onto my all time high of 189 !! I guess that puts me at 198,...OMG, that sounds awful!!

I am a 34 year old single mom with an 11 yr old son. I currently date a 28 year old guy. He actually does not care about my weight...I DO, though!!! I feel so self conscious when I am around his friends & then the other night he mentioned that his ex had lost about 50 lbs...I guess you could say jealuosy has motivated me!!

Anyway....looking for all kinds of support!!
Old 09-16-2005, 11:22 AM   #8  
Cynical RedHead

Hi fellow Marylanders! My name is Michell. I live in North Potomac (Gaithersburg), Maryland. It seems like most of you are pretty far away from me even though we are all in the same state! Actually, Sparklez, Silver Spring isn't that far away (is it?).

I am 35, married for 5 years, and am looking to lose at least 20 pounds. I am also looking for friends and support. I am not ever on any instant messengers, but have e-mail and internet access.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-16-2005, 10:19 PM   #9  
S / C / G : 235 |207|145

Hi there!

I'm from Maryland too. I've been wondering the same thing. Since we're in the buddy forum, how about we set up some kind of Maryland support email group. It's so much easier to do this when you have the support of other folks.

I am 29 years old. I live in Mt. Airy, work in Frederick. So, what is everyone doing to help lose the weight? What type of workout, diet, etc.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:14 PM   #10  

I think the MD support email group sounds like a GREAT idea...or maybe some sort of a yahoo group?? who knows, let me all know what you think
Old 09-18-2005, 07:22 PM   #11  
Jump

Wow!! Looks like I am the only one from the eastern shore!! That's ok with me. Sorry...to new at this to have any tips to post, yet. But, I am up for an email suport group. I am gonna need it!!!!

I am a buyer for an electronics company...I have been invited to a party next month given by one of my business associates...tried on at least 20 outfits....nothing looks even remotely good. The host keeps teasing that there will be lots of his single buddies there (I have a boyfriend)...but as I was tryng all the clothes today, I thougt about how getting dressed up to meet new people used to be fun. I am motivated to loose just after the trauma of today!! Anyone else feel this way??
Old 09-19-2005, 09:52 AM   #12  
Cynical RedHead

Lucky and BethMichelle, I think a MD support group is a great idea. However, I am sort of computer challenged (my computer is essentially used as a fancy typewriter!) so if one of you could figure out what we need to do in order to link us all up, that would be great

Jumpd - hang in there! I became truly (re)motivated to lose weight after three mornings in a row of spending at least 30 minutes trying to find clothes to wear to work that didn't look horrible. My husband came upstairs to find me sobbing on the floor in my undergarments. I wore the same pair of slacks to work every day last week because they are the only non-winter pair of work pants that fit.

Lucky - i know where Frederick is, but where is Mt. Airy?

Here's to the start of a new, great week everyone!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #13  
S / C / G : 235 |207|145

Mt. Airy is about half way between Frederick and Baltimore. Southwest part of Carroll County. So, how's it goin' this week?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:41 AM   #14  
Cynical RedHead

I am feeling better this week. I have been eating *fairly* healthy (not enough fruits and veggies yesterday) and working out. My clothes still don't fit, but I am less upset about it. Last week was also my TOM, so that probably had a LOT to do with the depression and the gigantic stomach. (But when my husband suggested last week that that may be the problem did i listen to him? No. )

How is everyone else's week going? I hope you all are healthy and happy.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Hi, I'm in Gaithersburg. It would be fun to have a MD support group. We could set up a yahoo group. It's pretty simple to do, I set up one for my family.

I've lost 40 pounds so far, I probably ought to loose another 20-30. But, my blood pressure is normal, my knees and feet don't hurt any longer so I sort of lost my motivation to lose the weight. Pain is a wonderful motivator.

Sarah
Closed Thread