Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 11:35 PM   #1  

Default Looking for long term buddy/buddies. Lots to loose!

Hello all, I've been coming here on and off for a while now and want to make a new start. I'm hoping to find a buddy or some buddies to email and trade messages and encouragement with. I have over 100 lbs to loose, and am feeling very alone in my battle at the moment. I have almost no will power and really need some support if I am going to make the kind of changes that I need in my life. For my part, I am a good listener and will do my best to offer support to you as well.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Thanks
Heather

Last edited by LadyHLG; 09-09-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:48 AM   #2  
Determined

Default Hey Heather!

I'd be willing to buddy up with you. I'm 25, and a single Mom of one boy. I have 89 pounds to lose, at least. Let me know, and good luck!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:52 AM   #3  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Welcome both of you to the boards! I'm close to my goal, but I won't be there before the end of the year, plus I know maintainance is going to be tough.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:54 AM   #4  

Unhappy

I would love to buddy up with someone. But first...tell me how to get the weight trackers to show up???Mine just come out in code! Debbie[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php] [/url]
SEE???

Last edited by DebbieLynn; 09-09-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:56 AM   #5  
low-carb forever!

I just resorted to copying the picture rather than the code.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:52 AM   #6  
Depressed

Smile hello

Hi all!! I don't believe that any of us could have to many buddies!! Sometimes one of ten people may have the right thing to say that gives the inspiration for that day!! So I would be happy to be a part of this group and offer any insights that I can as well. I am 37, I have 2 boys, one 19 and one 14. So much to tell really in ways of introducing myself, but, we have plenty of time to get to know one another!!

Old 09-09-2005, 02:51 PM   #7  

Default Welcome All!

Hello to everyone!
It so nice to hear from all of you!
I'm not too sure how this works, so for now, here's a little more about me.
I am a single 33 year old gal, who has struggled with my weight for most of my life, and in turn let my weight control too much of my life.

I did have some success in my late teens with Nuti-System. I lost probably about 40 lbs, and then another 20 in my early 20's, at one point I was down to about 130, which was wonderful! Unfortunately it didn't last and now I am up to about 260. I feel miserable, unhealthy and, most days, just plain ugly!

Long term, I would truly like to get back down to the 130's but more importantly I would just like to feel better, physically and emotionally.

Short term, I want to get my eating under control and at least some sort of regular excersise schedule.

I don't have a specific diet or eating plan decided on, I know, without a doubt that I am a carb addict, and that they are at this point my biggest enemy. I did try Atkins for a while but I found it very difficult to stick with not to mention some of the uncomfortable side effects it has.

Right now I have two gigantic hurdles, first, I have absoultely no will power and I mean none, zip, zero, zilch, and its quite literally killing me. The other problem is I have no motivation, or maybe its energy, are they the same thing? I honestly don't know. I really hope this is something that will improve as my eating imporves.

So that's me. Love to hear about all of you, what are your goals and for those of you close to them how on earth did you get there!!

Have a great day everyone!
Heather

Last edited by LadyHLG; 09-09-2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #8  
low-carb forever!

I'm a carb addict, too. My medication makes it worse because it makes me crave sweets. So I follow Atkins to reduce te cravings, and fall off the wagon about once a month. Atkins actually cured my lifelong constipation - I eat so many veggies now that it's not a problem! And I don't crave candy bars anymore.

I also work out 3 days a week at the gym.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #9  

Victoria,
I will admit, I did like the result I got with Atkins, they seemed almost effortless which is why I am very tempted to try it again. My main concern right now is the induction part. That was when I was the most constipated, and it was horrible!

WOW, Victoria, Your progress is really amazing! How did you stick to it, and what kind of excerise program do you do? Just equipment or do you go to classes etc?
Old 09-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #10  

Thumbs up Buddy system

Hi there. I am new to all of this, however I am also new to a computer. I would like to be your buddy and give you support as well as receive some myself. I have lost 18lbs. since July5th. I am diabetic and need to lose about 20lbs. more. I would like to go for 30,but I am just working on 5lbs. at a time. I take it one day at a time. Never look to far ahead. It seems like you will never get over that hill. I think we would be good for each other. What do we have to lose,except pounds and we will. Start drinking those big glasses of water now. I put lemon juice in mine sometime. It helps and also works as a diretic. Get busy and post me real soon. We can do it together. Have faith. Waiting to hear from you..Go for it.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #11  
low-carb forever!

Talking

If you have constipation, try adding another cup of veggies or adding a fiber pill. I used to take 2 fiber tablets a day and it worked like a charm even before I started Atkins. Or any combination of the above.

I just do my own thing at the gym. They have classes and I tried a couple, but it's not for me. YMMV. I prefer to walk in, pick a machine, and go at it. Other people prefer the scructure of the class. Find what works best for you and go with it.

I'm not sure how I've stuck to it except I'm strong willed and when I make up my mind about something, I tend not to let go. There have been times when I've fallen off plan and gained 10 pounds (mostly water weight) and been tempted to give up, but I get back on plan and within a week or two the weight comes back off.

(The more carbs you eat, the more water you retain...hense the name carboHYDRATE. I've lost 10 pounds in the last week, but it's all been water. I ate too many carbs the week of sis' wedding and then the pizza when I got back.)

Mostly, I can stick to a diet as long as I'm not fighting cravings all the time, and Atkins keeps the cravings at bay. And as I said, I do occationally give in and binge, and that's okay; I just get back on plan the next day. The important thing is to make sure the binge doesn't mean giving up on dieting.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:55 PM   #12  

Hi carrief1, welcome! I think you have the right approach here, just take it a little at a time otherwise it gets a little overwhelming, and if you need help just give me a shout, I'm pretty handy with a computer as well so I can help out there too if you need it!

Thanks for the advise Victoria I will be getting some fiber pills ASAP, hoping they will do the trick.

In truth I won't be starting full force for another couple of weeks. I am leaving for a short vacation at the end of next week. First one in forever, and I'm excited. I'm not going to kid myself into thinking that I will stick to any kind of strick eating plan right off the bat on vacation. My goal is to not over eat and to try to make good choices, avoid those dangerous carbs and most of all to have fun and relax so I will be energized when I get back!

Take Care All!
Talk to you soon!
Heather
Old 09-09-2005, 11:44 PM   #13  
Atkins for life

Wink

Hi,
I am new to this site but am interested in it's assistance. I did Atkins for 2 years then found out I was pregnant with boy/girl twins. I came off the diet AND quit smoking. I delivered 2 healthy babies on August 8th 2005. My son was 8lbs 6oz and my daughter was 6lbs 10oz. I was so blessed. But, I put on 90lbs and from breast feeding have lost 50 of it and have 40lbs more to go..I would like to start in the enduction phase but am afraid of doing so while breast feeding. Does anyone have any thoughts or expierence about this?
Old 09-10-2005, 12:51 AM   #14  
low-carb forever!

According to the book, you are not supposed to do any of the weight loss phases of the diet while breastfeeding unless you clear it with your doctor. I would DEFINETLY ask your doctor about this.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:58 PM   #15  

Default Checking In

Hello Ladies,
I was just checking in to see how eveyone's week is going.
Sorry I've been a little absent but trying to get everying caught up before I leave.

I hope you are all still with us.
In keeping with the forum rules we should probably move this thread over to the support area. So I will start a new thread over there now.
Hope you all follow along!!
See You there!
Heather

Just to make life easier here is a link to the new thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...334#post961334

Last edited by LadyHLG; 09-13-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Closed Thread