Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 02:24 PM   #1  
Dieting Diva

Cool ISO another dieting diva

I'm new here and I'm looking for a buddy. I'm currently 100+ pounds overweight, and I'm trying to lose weight to be healthier. I'm a 24 yo professional,wife and mother. I've always had a large build, but after marriage and baby, my weight spiraled out of control. I have the gift and the curse of having a build that allows me to look 50-60 lbs less than I really am. So, I've decided to stop fooling others (and myself) and actually lose the weight.

I'm currently doing the Leslie Sansone's WATP series, and I'm up to 7 miles daily. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now and while I'm a self-confessed scaleaphobic, I've definitely noticed more toning, energy and self esteem. I also salsa twice weekly. So enough about me, anyone want to buddy up?
Old 09-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #2  

Hi,
I would love to be your buddy. I am 25 years old, working full time,married with a 2 year old daughter. I am currently on Weight Watchers, I went to meetings for about a month, and then decideed to continue with the program, but without meetings. Are you currently on any particular diet?
Would you recommend the WATP (I'm guessing it stands for Walk
The Pounds Away) as a good way to excercise? I am currently looking around for a worthwhile excercise program.

Hope to talk to you soon

Sofi
Old 09-06-2005, 08:31 PM   #3  

I'm a SAHM to 3 kiddos and just joined here... am looking to loose 20 lbs by christmas! WATP is a great program from what I've heard!!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:20 AM   #4  
Dieting Diva

I LOVE LOVE LOVE WATP! I really do recommend it. It allows you to build on your level of fitness, to a level that you're comfortable with. It's more than just walking because it works all the muscle groups, and in takes so little time (most only take 30 minutes). I can't say enough good things about the program. To keep it lively I mis things up a bit so I use a total of 3 DVDs daily. I went to a couple WW at Work meetings, but they just weren't my thing. So I've made up a combination WW/SB diet, and it seems to be working for me (something that DH can do too, so I won't have to prepare 2 seperate meals).

Thank you for responding, I'm so excited now, I have buddies! Email or message me anytime. I look forward to losing weight with you guys
Old 09-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #5  

Hello,
How is everyone? I weighed myself yesterday, and I am up 1 lb. from last week. I realized that I ate more of my MIL's cooking than usual. She lives with us, and does most of the cooking, so it is hard to resist certain dishes. I find myself eating healthy at work, but once I go home, I find fresh homemade bread, homemade rice pudding, and other fattening foods. My MIL has never been overweight, so she doesn't know how to cook lowfat, and my DH could actually benefit from gaining a few more pounds.

If anyone has any suggestion, they would be gladly appreciated

Jinxd- How do you get your fruit and vegetable servings into your meals? We have a vegatable garden, but it's producing less and less.

Hope everyone has a great weekend,

Sofi
Closed Thread