Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 01:15 AM   #1  
MinimizeMe

Default Teacher - need buddy!

Hi There,

I'm a 38 year old, married, mother of three. I teach 7th grade. I lost about 45 pounds two years ago and I gained about 20+ back...Ugh. I hate the idea of starting the school year fat, but school starts on 9/6. I need a teacher buddy (buddies) to get through the school year successfully! Let's help each other out!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:58 PM   #2  

I am the librarian at an elementary school and would love to join you. I was almost to my goal 2 years ago, 10 pounds away, and have gained another 10. Let's get it right this time and keep it!
We start back tomorrow!

Last edited by JLoubug; 08-23-2005 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old 08-23-2005, 09:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

I am a 40 year old high school science teacher. I used to be a food scientist and was thin. I've been gaining since I've been teaching (this will be my 8th year). I'm with you. I just really got motivated this month--I'm really getting big for my frame! I've have never really tried to lose weight, but after a trip to a new doctor, high blood pressure, more medical tests, and motivation from her I'm ready to start. I start Monday!

I'll be looking for you.

Tammy
Old 08-23-2005, 09:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Old 08-23-2005, 09:48 PM   #5  
MinimizeMe

Hi All,

Sounds great! A NavyTeacher, a Librarian and two Science teachers. So far so good!

Today is a good day for me (finally). Eating is under control and I was able to get a good workout in. How are you all doing?

Is anyone on a program?

Michele
Old 08-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #6  
MinimizeMe

I do not have IM set up, however I have been meaning to do that. I'll probably do it this evening.

My weakest time is from about 3-8. I am usually out of control unless I have a plan. Air popped popcorn with butter spray usually works for me if I can get it popped before I hit the bag of chips. Another thing that sometimes works for me is sugar free bubble gum. I chew like a wild-woman at night when preparing lectures,ect.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:32 PM   #7  

I'm not on any formal program. I am trying to make better food choices, drink more water, and exercise. Gee, all the things a person is supposed to do!
Today was the first day back to school. I have a lot of stuff to do before I have my first class on Monday, but I still don't have class lists! I need to change students info in computer, make seating charts... Last year I had the lists right away, I don't understand? The teachers must have a class list, why don't I? A little frustrating. I'd better have them tomorrow!
I have a hard time with night-time snacking, but I try not to eat after 7:30. It was a little hard at first, but after a while you get used to it.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:55 PM   #8  
MinimizeMe

I went in to my class today just to get some posters up, etc. I can't believe summer is over. I officially go back to work on Monday and school starts on the 6th. It's always bittersweet.

About the student rosters....seems like we get them at the very last minute...ugh!

I've actually had a great day today. How about you all?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:55 PM   #9  

I got class lists!!!! Persistance pays off!
Today has been good. Made good choices. Exercised. Got a lot of work done, but this is only the beginning!
We had a surprise fire drill, aren't they supposed to be? Somehow, we always know, but not this time. We were told we were going to have one on Friday, so we were all caught offguard. All my windows were open, I have two back work rooms with windows open, lights on everywhere, doors open, what a workout! I think I was last out, but right behind my principal... 1 min. 40 sec. from the third floor! I wonder if we're having one tomorrow too?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:44 PM   #10  
MinimizeMe

Gotta love a good fire drill. At least you made it out!

I really like going back to school because it gets me on a set schedule. I seem to do better with less freedom. My biggest challenge is after school when I get home. I really want to start off the year with a plan of what is okay to eat when I get home, etc.

I had a good day too...good choices, few cravings. I really like this site and the support. I feel soooo motivated!

Michele
Old 08-28-2005, 04:18 PM   #11  

We had another fire drill on Friday, and she also announced that we will have yet another one unannounced next week sometime! Nothing like practice to make perfect, let's hope we never really need it though. I know the principal got sited for some fire violations, hence me moving computers and desks, so they must be on her.
I like the schedule of going back to school also. It does help keep me on track. I try to get everything I used to do during the day, erands, yard work, housework, done after school though. So far so good. At least I got my summer projects done so I don't have to worry about them anymore, and now DH can start helping out again. During the summer, I don't mind doing most of the stuff because I am home.
I got my exercise in today. I'm am feeling better too. That is the one thing that I have tried to put a priority on, and I think it is working!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:31 AM   #12  
yvette120

Hello ladies I am 43 years old and I teach special ed children gr.6 - 8th. I need to lose 80 pounds. I weigh 209.6 pounds. When I start school which is wednesday it is so much to do. I love to teach but the stress sometimes has me coming home and just watching tv and eating. I have never been this big in my life and it is a totally different world for me. I look in the mirror and I do not even recognize myself. I want to weigh 130 pounds. So I have a long journey but I am willing to take it. I just wanted to tell you a little bit about myself and I have two wonderful daughters ages 13 and 24. I also count calories and I do Tae Bo and Margaret Richards, my next thing I need to do is start going to the YMCA. Have a great day ladies.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:06 PM   #13  

Welcome Yvette! Our special ed teacher used to be called SBH-Severe Behavior Handicap, now she is called ED-Emotionally Disturbed. I think SBH sounds better, but it always changes. She thinks she's emotionally disturbed, so that's OK I guess, LOL.
It was very hot and humid here today. Air is on at home though!
Not happy with the scale this morning. Up a pound! I'm going to have to work out more. Thought I was doing good too. I think I will start a food diary too. At least that might show me what I am doing wrong.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:24 PM   #14  
MinimizeMe

Welcome Yvette! Thanks for sharing! I totally understand the stressed out eating thing. That's how I gained all my weight. I have learned that I have to have a food plan. I need to know exactly what I am going to eat when I get home from school. If I don't have a plan, I eat everything I can get my hands on...
I went in for my first day back today. School starts on the 6th. Lunch was provided today and I managed to skip the dessert table!

Stay strong!
Closed Thread