Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 04:23 AM   #1  

Default how do i get a buddy

i ve tried to get a buddy but i guess im not what anyone is looking for i dont get it but i just want someone i can share wih my jorney because m husband is skinnry so he doesnt understand and i have no one to talk to about dieting i mean i have friends but like they dont understand my struggles and i dont get it but i cant find a buddy
Old 08-22-2005, 08:49 AM   #2  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Maybe if you post a few details about yourself (age, location, job, hobbies...) and what your weight loss goals are, someone with similar interests and goals will see it and want to buddy up with you.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Hi there! You are more than welcome to join us -- me and my 2 sisters -- in the thread marked "hello from Georgia".

I am in a similar position with my husband. He did gain about 20 lbs during my last pregnancy ( He coudn't leave my ice cream alone ). He is still pretty average sized and he does not understand or enen try to comprehend what it's like to be overweight. My weight is a big issue to him though and it does cause strain. Some days I wish he could walk one day in my shoes...

Anyway, I do hope you will join us or will maybe PM me if you would like a one on one buddy. Oh, and if you get a chance post somew more info about yourself here.

Hope you have a good day!
Sara
Old 08-22-2005, 12:57 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

I have a think husband too! Besides men just don't understand. If you want someone to talkto just e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 08-22-2005, 01:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm cutting and pasting my reply to another newcomer because I do think you can find lots of what you need right here at 3fc.....

Here's my tip. Go get a big bottle of cold water or a diet pop and pull up a chair. Go to the top of the page and choose 'three fat chicks on a diet weight loss community'. Scroll down and read all the headings and subheadings of threads. Read everything that looks interesting. When you've had a good peruse of everything these forums have to offer, go back to the top and click on 'new posts'. Just keep reading. Read or answer any posts that appeal to you. You'll find folks who are sympatico.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:16 PM   #6  

Default I too need a buddy

I'm so glad I found this site. Was having a quiche and just wanted to check how bad it was for me when i chanced upon this forum. My hubby is thin too...even though he eats more than me. He is always after me to stop dieting and just eat normal 3 meals a day and do some light excercise. Somehow doesnt seem to work for me...i want to be a size 10 again....
Old 08-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

We'll fix you right up, here, FatandFurious. Just do a bunch of reading. You'll learn lots!
Old 08-22-2005, 02:31 PM   #8  

Thank you so much SusanB. I am on a diet now, but since im at a desk job, i keep munching all the time. Guess I will keep reading and hope to get inspiration to lose weight...

Old 08-22-2005, 03:42 PM   #9  

Thank You Guys For Replying Here My Storie And Somethings About Me Im 23 I Have 3 Kids And Ive Been Married For 3 Years I Weight 234 Now I Use To Weigh150 Befor My Kids And I Was Happy With That I Love Being At That Weight My Goal Is To Be At 160 Are At Least 154 That Would Be Fine With Me I Just Finished School And Im In The Processe Of Getting My Real Estate License I Try To Exercise For 2 Hours Of The Day When I Can Witch Is Rare Sometime Becaus When I Go To Exercise My Baby Wants To Be Held So It Hard I Want To Lose 75 Pound I Use Love The Way I Was Now Im Just Plan Unhappy I Hope To Get A Supportive Buddy
Closed Thread