Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 07:39 AM   #1  
Ana
giraffe on fire

Default Another introduction

Hello!

I've been lurking for sometime now and I think it's time to join in! I'm so happy that I found this forum - it helps me a lot! Everybody here is so nice and helpful! Thank you!

My name is Ana, 23 years old. I'm from a small country in Europe - Croatia. I'm a graphic arts student. I love photography and animals, especially cats!
I've been fat my whole life. Since I was about 4 I think. I've done some medical tests and so far everything is ok. I think I'm fat because of a slow metabolism and eating too much.I don't remember when I started to eat too much. I think it became a habit. I'm finally doing something about it. Been trying for 2 years now. First year was just thinking and reading about weight loss but I didn't do anything. Last year I managed to lose about 15kg (33lb) in a short time right before the summer. Then I was out of the country on a trip for the whole summer and the weight started to come back. Fast forward to July this year - I'm at my heaviest ever - 126.5kg (272lb) I'm not on any diet - I keep track of calories in-calories out. I write everything I eat and how much I burn with exercise. I try to eat about 1500kcal a day (but it really ranges from 1100 - 2000kcal/day). I drink about 3 liters of water per day. Right now I'm riding a stationary bike for abut an hour, 6 days a week. I plan on joining the gym soon and add some weight lifting. Been doing this for a month now and I lost about 5kg (11lb). On monday I weighted at 121.8kg (268lb). For now, it's really hard. I had a bad last week - I overate almost everyday. But I still managed to lose weight. This showed me just how much I must have been eating before! I realized that everyday will be a struggle and that's ok. I just need to do as best as I can.
I've been going to a aerobic class from last september true march. I stopped going cause I couldn't afford it anymore. I was going 3x a week. I didn't lose any weight, in fact, I gained but it did a lot of good! I measured my body fat % a month ago and it's 6% less then a year ago even though then I weighted about 20kg less (44lb). My first goal is to get below 100kg. I wanna see just two numbers on my scale! I hope I will reach this goal by the end of the year. My final goal is 63kg. I'm 173cm (5' 8'') and the chart says it's my ideal weight so I picked that number.

This forum helps me a lot - every time it gets too hard I just open some thread in Success stories forum and I'm ready to go!

I apologize for my english

Thanks for reading and being here!

Last edited by Ana; 08-11-2005 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #2  

Hello Ana,

I read your thread and had to grin, because I'm also from Europe (Germany) and my scale is in kg. It is not so easy tho think in pounds Sounds so much more!!!
But you will losse more weight!!! In shorter time, because first of all you double it... Ok enough about pounds and kilos.

I also found this forum a time ago and try to find motivation and buddys here, so that I can stand the sweets and become as thin as I was 5 years ago (and train my Englisch of course).

This is my first second week with WW and I'm OP and very proud. Hope to hear from you.

Mareike
Old 08-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hello and welcome to both of you. Ana, do not apologise for your English. It is very good - as is Mareike. You two put me to shame as I only speak English and a little Maori (being a New Zealander, it is hard not to speak the native language).

Good luck to both of you in your weight loss journeys. There is a lot of caring and sharing goes on in these threads and forums. You might like to have a check of the weight watchers forum (for those on weight watchers) or just check through the threads to find something that suits your styles. There are all sorts here. I post on a thread called Around the world again with the friendly chicks (in the Group Support area). We come from NZ/ Australia, England/ Scotland, Canada and the States. We deal with kgs and lbs, inches and cms as well. We range from youngish to almost aged, with families and without, single and married and/ or partnered. You'd be welcome to join up with us, but then most threads will welcome you as well.
Also try the journals for somewhere else to jot down thoughts. There you can put your thoughts down and write food logs and exercise logs. People may or may not comment their thoughts on any problems you might have. Sometimes it takes a while to get known there as people come and go more than they do on the threads it would seem. And be prepared for those people to criticise and praise. Some are very forthcoming.

Good luck to both of you for you journey into the next stage of your life. Losing weight is not a short term happening. It means dedication, determination and a long term attitude. Hope to hear from you both again.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #4  

Finally, someone from Europe!
Hi there! ))) Hope we can talk to each other!
Closed Thread