Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #1  
Cyana Blue

Question New here and need new routine.

Hello, everyone!

I'm new here and am hoping some of you have answers to my questions. I've lost a total of 20 lb through a combination of Weight Watchers (1st 6-7 lb), watching what I eat, and using The Ultimate New York Body Plan. I'm down to 151.4 (so surprised when I finally weighed myself after 2 months!) but stil have about 10 lb to go until I reach my goal weight. Not only that, it seems I'm losing motivation because the great results haven't extended to my tummy. It's still there. Now, my hips and thighs were my primary focus and with TUNYBP I'm happier with the way they look. However, I feel like his abs exercises aren't as intense as what I do for my lower body.

Can anyone recommend a (dare I say it?) quick-fix, short-term program to use on my belly? I say quick-fix because I finally realized what works for me. If I think I'm going to get results within a short period of time, I'm less likely to cheat or fall off the wagon. I think that's why TUNYBP's 2-week program worked for me. Even though I've been doing it for longer w/modifications. Has anyone used the Core Secrets program by Gunnar Peterson?

Anyhoo, all suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S.: Has anyone else used TUNYBP program? I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Cyana Blue; 08-19-2005 at 05:42 PM. Reason: I forgot to ask about Core Secrets.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Default Yo Yo'ing 2 lbs

Hi Cyana Blue:

I'm in a similar boat...got about 11 lbs to go. I have yo-yo'ed the last 2 lbs lost for at least 2 months. Never heard of the Ultimate New York plan...how does it work? I have been working out (Jorge Cruise 8 min in the morning 6 mornings a week) and exercise bike 3x/wk (about 6 miles in 35 min)...feel like I have been staying within my calorie limit, but not losing weight!!! I have a sit-down job and think it is sabotaging my efforts! My problem is that I was always too skinny...could eat whatever I wanted...now the weight just creeps up on me. I have already lost 13 lbs (it was either that or buy all new clothes!)...just trying to get back to my confident weight again!

michelinwoman
Tennessee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg michelinwomanbikini.jpg (11.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-20-2005, 11:14 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

I've cut and past this from another thread that I replied to last week: Don't fall for the "spot reducing" myth. While it's possible to work a specific muscle during an exercise, there's no such thing as spot reducing fat from a specific part of the body. You can lose fat from all over the body with a balanced diet and an exercise routine including both cardio and strength training.

Sounds like you both may have reached a plateau, unfortunately they are normal and a pain ... Try zig-zaging your calories daily by eating more one day less the next to keep your body guessing and not letting it go into starvation mode. Intensify your workout routine by doing something different and drastic your body will respond to something new...

Hope this helps and come back and let us know how it goes...

TTFN
Closed Thread