Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #1  

Default over weight and tired

Hey everyone...I would love to have the support of others. I am a 28 yr old single mom who has struggled with my weight all of my life. I have just started working out on a regular basis, but it is hard to get up at 4:30 a.m. When I turned 28 (Aug 1st) it hit me really hard, so I decided to finally get serious and do something about it. Thanks to txmedcalf, who told me about this support group. Friday is a good day for me to weigh in as well.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Hey yesterday was my birthday too (unfortunately it was #32 though). Welcome and - just so you know - feel free to jump in anywhere you see people with similar interests or situations. Sometimes it's easy to feel like an outsider when you are new but I've never seen anyone here "rebuked" for joining on in.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:26 AM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Being overweight can have that effect. I'm always telling people that when I was in my 20's, I felt like I was 40. Now that I'm 40, I feel like I'm in my 20's, and working on another baby to prove it. LOL At 37, I was huffing and puffing and so totally out of breath just trying to tie my shoes. And that's what started it for me. I'd been on diet after diet since I was 20 and all I did was yo yo. This time I decided to make a serious effort at completely changing my life, and not just going on a diet. It's something I have to constantly be aware of and keep mixing it up to keep me going. If I start getting bored with the menu or exercise, I try different things. But I know I have to keep doing them. Can't let myself slack off.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Welcome txMom2ty.....small steps add up, and as you exercise longer, your stamina and energy improve....(I have to get up at 5AM to exercise too because of my work schedule, and if I don't do it first thing, often I don't get to...and I'm too tired at night)

congrats on making a good start!
Closed Thread