3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Anyone else trying to lose around 60 lbs.? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/61927-anyone-else-trying-lose-around-60-lbs.html)

Sunfire 07-22-2005 05:18 AM

Anyone else trying to lose around 60 lbs.?

Hi! I'm looking for a buddy that is trying to lose around 50-60 pounds, so that we can relate. I like to think that I know a lot about health and fitness, as I read up a lot!

I would like to lose 59 pounds. I have only lost 6 so far, so I have a long ways to go.

I'm 23 (OMG I put I was 22 at first! I have been 23 for a month now, geez) years old and I work full time and I am also studying to become a personal trainer.

If anyone is interested, please PM me or respond here! Thanks so much, and I hope I can find someone out there! :D

-Nicki

Meldiggety 07-22-2005 08:30 AM

Hi there Nicki :D

I also need to lose 50 lbs - welcome aboard! I am a 25 y/o female, married for 4 years with one baby boy. I just joined last week and have been getting support from different people on different threads. I can post which ones and you can see how cool these ladies are.

How have you been losing the weight so far? I have been calorie counting as well as doing Tae Bo videos/walking 5 or 6 times a week.

I'll get back to you with the ladies I post with ;)

Melanie

P.S. We are both Californians! What part are you from?

Meldiggety 07-22-2005 08:38 AM

Here are the links to the threads:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61769

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61542

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60877

Hope these links work :)

Melanie

Sunfire 07-22-2005 03:44 PM

Hey Melanie! Glad to hear from you. :D It would be fun if we were buddies. :D I have lost the 6 pounds by counting calories as well. Just eating in moderation, really. I haven't worked out that much, but I plan on going back to the gym and doing cardio and weights. I lost the 6 pounds a while ago, so I'm stuck here and need to get going! It's just so hard for me to eat healthy (and not too much food!) and I have no idea why. But we can help eachother. :D

I will check out those threads, thank you!

And I live in Sacramento! California girls. :p

Meldiggety 07-22-2005 11:10 PM

Hello Again Nicki :)

Nice to hear from you! You can do it girl, I mean, you have already lost 6 lbs - you are 1/10 the way there! Eating healthy is fairly easy for me, but my biggest downfall is overeating - I can be like the bottomless pit sometimes! Not for long though because this has to be a lifelong way of eating or else I will end up gaining it all back again. That's great you are going to go back to the gym. Working out use to be SO hard for me, but now I just get dressed in my workout gear every morning before I even have a chance to start making excuses why I can't. It's just something that I make myself do before I think about how I really don't want to. :D

That's cool you live in Sacramento - I live in Hollister (near Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Jose area) which is about 3 hours from you, so not extremely far. We have some good friends who just moved out your way to Rocklin. They love it ;)

Please use me for whatever you need - I am on and off the computer all day and I would love for us to be helpful to each other. If it helps you to share what you ate or if you exercised each day, that's great, or if you just need someone to cheer you on.

Nice to meet you - we can do this!!!!!!
Melanie

Sunfire 07-23-2005 01:40 AM

Thanks Melanie! You are so sweet. :D I was thinking about starting a thread in the support central. Do you think that would be ok? Or is that only for big groups? I thought it would be cool to post there and then if others wanted to join in for support, that would be cool too. But if not, then I could probably keep it here, right? What do you think?

I eat a lot too. :( I don't really eat bad things... well, I DO, but it's not really like fast food or anything like that. I could for sure eat healthier. I'm trying hard, though!

About the gym thing, I think that's a really, really great idea. Because usually I'll just get up whenever (I don't work until 2:45pm), put on some PJ pants/shirt and go downstairs and either play on the computer or watch TV w/ my boyfriend. But I think if maybe I get up and put on my WORKOUT clothes, I will have no excuse! I think I'll try that! :D

I'm on and off the computer all day as well, so I will probably be using a lot of you. :p And you are right, we CAN do this! I want this so bad. I always have. I sometimes wonder why I have so much trouble?

Talk to you soon, Melanie! :D

-Nicki

Meldiggety 07-23-2005 02:28 AM

Hi There,

I am sending you a private message now :)

Mel

Sunfire 07-23-2005 04:04 AM

I haven't gotten it yet. :( Or maybe you haven't written it yet, lol.

jennyhenny0330 07-23-2005 01:54 PM

Hi, yall. I'm from Texas and also need to lose about 60lbs. I am 23 years old and a college student. Two years ago I was on a diet and lost 20lbs but since then I've gained it back plus ten. Now I am back down 12lbs from my highest weight of 220. I think I am too young to be this big already. I don't even have kids yet! All my family on my dads side (who I look like) are all way obese. I don't want to get to that point. Anyways I need buddy's, too!

Sunfire 07-23-2005 04:22 PM

Hey Jenny, I know what you mean... family memebers on BOTH sides of my family are overweight and at least one from each side has diabetes. I DO NOT want that at all!!! So we all should just stick together and we can do it. :D And look you have already lost 12 pounds! That's great! They say that every 10 pounds you lose it's like losing a dress size! It's of course different for everyone... I think I might be 12-15 pounds, but still! :D

jennyhenny0330 07-23-2005 04:33 PM

Gosh I hope thats true. I do want to get out of these size 18's. I have a whole box of 16s that I used to wear. I'm hispanic, so I know I need to worry about diebetes! My grandpa has it and my mom claims she's borderline, I don't think she is. Even though I am losing scale wise, my waist is the same! My waist area is my worst part! Right now I just notice my jeans loser on my thighs and below. Where are yalls problem areas?

Sunfire 07-23-2005 04:42 PM

That's ok! The great thing is, is that you can TELL that your jeans are looser! That's a great sign, and a great feeling. My Mom can always tell when I lose weight, because my stomach looks smaller! And I think she can tell around my face, too. Which is so weird, because when we lose weight, it comes off in layers throughout our whole body. So I don't get how we notice it in some places more than others. Interesting. :p

And my whole body is my problem area! But especially my tummy/love handles. I'll probably always have my love handle's because of genetics, but I want them to at least be smaller! :p

Meldiggety 07-23-2005 08:10 PM

Hey Nicki - That's a bummer - I sent you the longest pm and you never got it! Then I checked in my sent items and it's not there either?? Weird :(

I basically just said that I thought it would be great to start a thread in the support area and I would totally join in with you.

Also, I think it's great you are becoming a personal trainer - talk about great motivation! ;)

I know what you mean about really wanting to lose the weight, but not knowing why you never actually do. I think it's almost like we self sabotage and tell ourselves that we will eventually screw up so why even put out the effort toi begin with........but that is such a bad way to think! I realized that if 2 or 3 helpings of dinner is more important to me than my health or my confidence, then I definitley have to do something differently! And when I feel overwhelmed by how long it's going to take to attain my goal, I just tell myself that time is going to pass anyways, so I might as well do something useful and productive with it. I am just tired of allowing my weight to hold me back from doing things that God put me here to do......I finally realized that I am the only one who can do anything to change myself. Wow! I've said a mouthful :dizzy:

So glad I met you Nicki! You seem really genuine.
Melanie

Sunfire 07-23-2005 11:18 PM

Hey Melanie! That's a bummer about the PM. I love long PM's. :p Haha oh well. But that IS kinda weird!

Ok after this post, I will go over and start a thread in the support forum. I'm so glad you are going to join me, you are really nice and you seem very genuine too, so I think we can really help eachother (and anyone else who wants to join in, of course!).

And yeah, you would THINK that me becoming a personal trainer would motivate me, but it doesn't! Ugh. I want to lose this weight WHILE I'm studying, so that way when I take the test and pass it *crosses fingers* I will be all ready to go. Because honestly... I know a lot of people don't want to go to an overweight trainer. I just know it, I have heard it. But that's ok, I want to be a good example for my clients.

WHY do we sabotage ourselves? Why? If I knew the answer to this question, I would be a BILLIONAIRE! :p And you are right, everything you said. Totally right.

Oh and I dunno if you can see it (I can't, but I put it there!) but I made a weight loss tracker! I made a mini goal like you did. I thought that was a great idea, as to not get overwhelmed. I saw my Dr. the other day and she says that she wants me to get to 195 pounds. So that's my goal! I think I have 8 pounds or something until I get there. So we'll see.

Ok, I'm gonna to start a thread in the support center. :p

Edit: Ok I do see my siggy now, yay! LOL :p

Sunfire 07-23-2005 11:27 PM

Wait, Melanie where should I start the thread? In "Support" or "Support Groups"?