Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 03:34 PM   #1  

Smile Looking for a buddy

Hi everyone!
I am a single Mom with 2 teenage daughters, 2 older kids out of the house and my oldest is mentally handicapped and living in foster care. I have had a weight problem since 5th grade, ballooned to 310 # at 27 and in my early 30's I was down to 160 pounds. I did aerobics 2 times a day and felt wonderful. Then I had 2 more kids, quit smoking and have watched the weight creep back on, I'm 250 pounds now. I made the mistake also of stopping my social life to be what I thought was a better Mom to my kids. I work 40 hours a week and then I stay home with my kids. I have no social life and I don't even know how to go about getting one again. I don't want to hang out in bars and I don't have the confidence in myself to do anything like joining any groups. I could kick my self square in the butt for giving up myself for my kids to have a better life. My 18 year old is disrespectful and selfish and my 15 year old is somewhat disrespectful. They are so used to coming first in EVERYTHING that they have a hard time when I do things that I like rather than what they like. So between the stress of my job and the stress of being a single Mom I find that the only pleasure I have is eating. I am trying to eat healthier, oatmeal for breakfast, chicken and veges for lunch and fish and veges for supper, but I always end up cheating. I have a friend that I was walking with but she is not dependable. I need a buddy who is!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:26 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove22
Hi everyone!
I am a single Mom with 2 teenage daughters, 2 older kids out of the house and my oldest is mentally handicapped and living in foster care. I have had a weight problem since 5th grade, ballooned to 310 # at 27 and in my early 30's I was down to 160 pounds. I did aerobics 2 times a day and felt wonderful. Then I had 2 more kids, quit smoking and have watched the weight creep back on, I'm 250 pounds now. I made the mistake also of stopping my social life to be what I thought was a better Mom to my kids. I work 40 hours a week and then I stay home with my kids. I have no social life and I don't even know how to go about getting one again. I don't want to hang out in bars and I don't have the confidence in myself to do anything like joining any groups. I could kick my self square in the butt for giving up myself for my kids to have a better life. My 18 year old is disrespectful and selfish and my 15 year old is somewhat disrespectful. They are so used to coming first in EVERYTHING that they have a hard time when I do things that I like rather than what they like. So between the stress of my job and the stress of being a single Mom I find that the only pleasure I have is eating. I am trying to eat healthier, oatmeal for breakfast, chicken and veges for lunch and fish and veges for supper, but I always end up cheating. I have a friend that I was walking with but she is not dependable. I need a buddy who is!
Hi Dove!

You do have a lot going on. I'd be happy to be part of your support system. Surly teenagers are the pits. Hormone induced stupidity is quite trying to live with - for everyone. Keep at it - you deserve to make choices for your health and happiness, and I know you want to set a good example for your children. My on-site time will always be irregular because of work, but I will respond to messages.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:35 PM   #3  
Movin on down the scale

Dove, I am new here also, and looks like we are both busy people who want to make changes to our lives. I would love to be a buddy. I need to loose 60 (ish) lbs.
Closed Thread