Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 05:54 PM   #1  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Slim in 6, Anyone?

I'm back to this site after a long while away. I've reached my heaviest and I want to get into shape. I don't like what I see in the mirror and it's up to me to do something about it. I've been reviewing my eating and exercise plans and I am getting motivated to start. I think the "Slim in 6" program from Beach Body is what I want to do for exercise.

Anyone else doing Slim in 6 or wanting to start it soon? I'm thinking of starting this Monday, July 18th.

A little about me...I'm a 41 year old SAHM of a 7 year old and a VERY BUSY 20 month old.

Either reply here or send me a private message. Hopefully we can hook up and cheer each other on.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:06 PM   #2  

Hi Zanne,
WOW! You know what? I've been doing the Slim in 6 off and on since I bought it, actually I had so stop when I had my son 11 mo ago. So far every other day (this week) I have been doing the 11 min. Ab's workouts along with the 23 min. workout. I was thinking about doing it more consistantly starting on Monday.
You know what Count me in.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:15 PM   #3  

What is Slim in 6? I thought I knew all the diets out there...

Carla
Old 07-16-2005, 09:49 AM   #4  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Let's Do It!

RAKKOON--Ok, let's get geared up to do this! I'm gonna try to watch my eating this weekend and drink lots of water. Gonna be a bit tough since we're going to a pool party/pot luck tomorrow. Gotta start somewhere! I'm gonna have to figure out when to do my workout--my daughter seems to be weening to one nap a day and it's not for very long and sometimes she's up at 6 am. But NO excuses this time! I want to finish the 6 weeks!

CARLA--Slim in 6 is not a diet. It's an exercise program put out by Beach Body. You can get more info from their site (beachbody.com). My DH was doing their Power 90 program and was getting great results until he had to stop cause he hurt his back at work.

Bye for now,
Old 07-16-2005, 08:13 PM   #5  

I'm with you Susanne!
Yup this weekend I'm trying to do the same, watching what I eat. I'm going to try to stick it out this time. I really want to do this this time. So I will talk to you soon.
Rachel
Old 07-16-2005, 10:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/232/135

Height: 5'2

ohhh mind if I join you guys? I was planning on starting monday!!!
I will need motivation!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:46 PM   #7  

Sounds great. Come along.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:15 PM   #8  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Here We Go.....

A few hours till Monday! I had wanted to preview the workout tonight, but we just go home and I'm beat. Guess I'll just wing it tomorrow morning. I hope we tuckered out our little girl so that she'll sleep in so I can do the workout early.

So, c'mon ladies! We can do this. Just 6 weeks, just 36 workouts (that doesn't sound so bad!). And remember, just because we don't eat "perfectly" or miss a workout does NOT mean we've failed and have to start over. We just have to keep going, keep pushing play and try to do better. and if we happen to have a few too many slip ups, we can just add a week (can you tell I've read the literature that came with the program )

So let's go move our butts!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:10 AM   #9  

Which work out are we doing the 40+minute one or the 20 minute workout. I will try the 40+ tomarrow for just in case. Let me know. Oh Susanne, did you get those vitamins it came with? I threw mine away a long time ago. I told the girl I didn't want them but she sent them anyway.
I'm hoping my son will take a nap in the morning so I can work out. He tends to wake up early.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:46 AM   #10  

I have been wanting to get those videos but have not done it.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:52 AM   #11  

Yes I done it I learned how to take the old ones off and update to a new one I am so proud of myself.Ok have a question for those of you doing the slim in 6 have you seen results and if so how fast and is it worth paying the money for it to do it.I am a beginer at exercise so tell me if this is something a beginer can od.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #12  

Ok one workout down!!! I started with the 25 minute one, I hope that was right!
I was sooooooo tired and sweaty but I'm hoping it will be worth it
Old 07-18-2005, 10:49 AM   #13  

I am going to check into getting this workout sounds like alot of you are doing well on it.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:54 PM   #14  

WOW! I just did the 47 minute workout. I'm tire but feeling good b/c I did it. Let me know where you all want to start, 20 min. or 47 min.
Tina, I like this work out set b/c it comes with everything you need. workout resistant bands and 3-4 workout in one dvd. I think its great.
*hey, you guys does your set come with a work out called "Burn it up?" I don'ty know if I have it.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:29 PM   #15  

congrats Rakkoon!
I'm starting with the 24 minute one to get warmed up.. I havn't excercised in a while! But whatever you guys wanna do, I'll try the 47 one next week.

I wish I had the resistant bands etc.. its actually my brothers DVD and he bought it off ebay, guess he didn't get the other stuff.
Going to see if I have the burn it off one
Closed Thread