Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 03:08 PM   #1  

Default buddy up for 140+ anyone?

Hi,
have posted in another thread and have just found this one and would like to hear from anyone who wants a buddy to lose 100lb plus.

Im 36 have 3 children and have battled my life from thin to fat to thin and back.
I am now doing the LL programme and have completed my first week and have lost 8 lb
I would love to hear from anyone
Old 07-05-2005, 04:53 PM   #2  

Hi Neblet,
I don't have to lose as much weight, but I am a very slow loser so I would be happy to buddy up if you would like!!! My kids are grown, but around all the time!!
I am doing south beach but as I said I would love to have a buddy to travel the weight loss road with!! Good luck!!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:13 AM   #3  

Hi Shortie,
that would be great, i forgot to say im in the UK, what part of the world are you from? i havent heard of the south beach? is it a state side diet? huge good luck being sent your way will catch up soon .
Nebletxx
Old 07-09-2005, 10:14 AM   #4  

Hi Neblet

Can I play too? I need to lose about 150# (eek). I live in Western North Carolina, am 47 years old, have two boys, one is 21 and living away from home, the other is 19 and has been going to a local community college for the past 2 years. He's leaving in August to go to a 4 year college about 3 hours away from here. I'm looking forward to being on my own again!

I'm gearing up to do the Nutrisystem program. Chosen specifically because I hate to cook, and I hate to go to the grocery store even more! I just ordered a month's supply of food and need a buddy. My food order hasn't arrived yet - I hope it arrives soon, because I'm READY to get going! I also just ordered a new elliptical trainer - as my old one just fell apart. Hopefully the food and the elliptical trainer will arrive within a few days of each other and I can get started.

I have too many hobbies and like to sit on my rear end too much. Once I get started exercising, I enjoy it, and love the residual effects of it, but its like pulling teeth for me to get STARTED. Same thing with dieting. I'm not particularly hungry and once I get over the initial panic at the thought of not being able to eat what I want when I want, and if properly motivated I don't have alot of problems sticking with the diet.

So, what has motivated YOU to get back on track and start eating properly and losing weight? I for one, am sick and tired of not being able to wear 'normal' clothing, among other things. Here is my list of things I'm looking forward to once I lose weight:

Not being 'invisible' -- have you ever noticed that the bigger you get, the harder it is for people to see you? I get the averted eyes all the time - and it drives me crazy!

I want to wear 'normal' clothing - I want to be able to walk into any store and pick something up off the rack - preferably in a size 10 or smaller - and have it FIT. I'm tired of wearing elasticised waist pants (or, as you call them in the uk - trousers?) and ugly no shape pull on shirts. I want to wear CUTE clothes.

I want to be able to move freely. I want to be able to get up out of bed easily or up off the sofa or out of my car without it being a major effort!

I want to fit in an airline seat, a theater seat, a restaurant booth, etc. COMFORTABLY. My huge stomach is a real problem!

I want to be able to do things like climb ladders (I love home improvement projects), or even get on an exercise machine without having to check the 'weight limit' before doing so!

There are probably a million more things I want to be able to do, but the one that is sticking in my brain right now is strange - I want to go to the beach in Kitty Hawk NC and go hang gliding on the sand dunes. A little hard to do at nearly 300 lbs!

So, I'm hoping that next August or September a trip to Kitty Hawk to do some hang gliding will be on my schedule. I figure if I lose 10 lbs. a month I should be at a reasonable weight to do it!

What about you?

Sue G
Old 07-10-2005, 01:15 AM   #5  

I am going to play with you all too. I have about 100 to lose. Don't know how fast it will come off but it has to come off. It willcome off slow that is for sure but as long as it is coming off and not going on.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #6  

Hi Garnet
Where are you located? Have you started an eating plan yet?

sue g
Old 07-11-2005, 05:57 AM   #7  

Hi Sue and Garnet,

Sorry i didnt get back to you till today but the puter has been messing about
its great to hear from you both of course please join in, the more the merrier.
I have yo-yo dieted for most of my adult life..im 36 years old now and i have 3 children. you could have been saying all my own motivations for loosing weight other than the obviouse health ones.
The other main one is that we have just booked to go to florida next year and i dont want to have to prise myself in and out of the plane seat and i want to be able to go on all the rides at Disney with my kids, rather than watching from the sides pretending to others that i dont like rides when its really that im too embarrassed to try them incase i dont fit in the harness' etc.

Im on my second week of lighter life my first week i lost 8 lb and my second i have lost 11 lb .

Is the programme your doing a total replacement system like lighterlife sue?
when are you gonna start? have you had your stuff delivered yet?

Last week was a tuffy for me as it was the anniversary of my beautiful mums death and i found myself cooking extra
i kept on telling myself what did i cook extra for???

of course i knew it was so i could stuff them in my own mouth, but i shouted at myself and promptly threw them in the bin. I was quite pleased with myself after as i managed to cope.

I cant wait to hear from you all, please keep me posted
Your buddy across the water
Nebletxx
Old 07-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #8  

bumping for sue and garnet
Closed Thread