Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 12:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/226/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking Any Slim Fast Dieters out there?

Hi

I started Slim Fast a month ago and have found it to be a pretty good plan. The shakes and bars are tasty and they have incorporated combination meals for breakfast and lunch so you are not just drinking 2 shakes a day and eating a sensible dinner. My weight loss hasn't been as fast as I would like (7 pounds in a month) but I feel better, I'm not starving myself, I know I am eating healthier and it takes a lot less to fill me up now.

I want to lose about 90 more pounds with short term goals along the way. I am new to the site and I'm posting to see if anyone is interested in taking the journey with me and supporting each other along the way.

I look forward to meeting new friends
Old 05-17-2005, 08:20 AM   #2  

Hi Karey! I actually had my first slim fast shake yesterday. I froze it and then ate it like ice cream once it defrosted a little bit. I bought the Lo Carb Cappucino ones. I think next time I'll try the vanilla or chocolate as the coffee ones are a little strong and I'm not a huge coffee fan. I was actually surprised at how tastey it was. I haven't tried the bars yet though.

I just started my weight loss plan yesterday. I am doing CURVES diet and exercise plan at home. I bought the book at TARGET for $9 and it seems very informative. I have a thread on Buddy Up called 30 with 30 to loose, if your interested in posting there, be my quest. Anyway keep up the good work on your loss!

Kendra
Old 05-17-2005, 09:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/207/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Karey!

The Slim Fast plan is healthy and a great way to start. It is a plan geared really toward calorie management. Make sure you check out their free web site! You have access to an online weight tracker, personalized diet plan, food diaries, and exercise diaries!

I have been drinking slim fast on and off for a few years, and it really helps you stay within those daily calories!

Good Luck!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:36 AM   #4  

Thanks guys! I have been using the Slim Fast website since day one. It does everything for you, if you take the time to input what you eat on a daily basis. If I saw more SlimFasters on these boards I would start a SF club but I haven't seen many. Let me know if you guys would be inerested in our own section. Happy losing
Old 05-17-2005, 01:34 PM   #5  

Karey- I would love to be apart of a club.

I just got back from walmart and tried to buy some of the slim fast bars and of course the ones I wanted were gone- story of my life. I ended up getting the Atkins brand instead only because I have a taste for cinnamon right now. I wanted the slimfast cinnamon bun bars badly. Why does it have to be so hard being an over weight women? If I eat one bad thing I blow up, my husband eats ten bad things and doesn't gain a pound. This stinks!!! LOL!

Kendra
CW 179
GW 145
Old 05-19-2005, 10:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/193/145

Hey Karey I Too Luv The Slim-fast Shakes & Bars. I Have A Shake & Bar For Bkft, Same For Lunch With A Piece Of Fruit And A Sensible Dinner But Wine Is My Downfall. I'm Good All Day But After Work I Luv To Relax With A Few Glasses Of Wine. I'm There For You And Would Luv To Join In On Your Journey. Dawn
Old 05-19-2005, 12:25 PM   #7  
Persistent and Stubborn

Hi Karey,

I have used the Slim Fast shakes on and off but stopped recently because of the carbs (yes, I got confused and ran ). Do you use the regular shakes or the low carb ones? And what's with this new plan where you can eat some food with the shakes? I'll have to check out the website I guess. That was one of my biggest problems was eating only a shake at lunch. I didn't feel satisfied and I was hungry in 2 hours.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:18 PM   #8  

Thumbs up Great!

Hi Karey! I just got done putting together my profile and am excited to be on 3FC! When I was in college, I swore by slim fast. Maybe it's time to go back to what I know works. I bought a couple of the lower sugar bars for the first time on Monday and I have only tried two of them, but I was happy with them. I was thinking about starting that again because it was just a no brainer, didn't have to think too much about how much or how often or anything, plus money is an issure for me. I am interested in this slim fast club if you start it, let me know!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #9  

Talking

Hi Girls

Slim Fast has definately come a long way! They have the old style products along with an Optima line which has a lot less sugar and a Low Carb line. I personally use the Optima products. I can't stick to anything low carb. I find it too restricting and than when you eat a grain of rice you blow up.

Another change is that you don't only get a shake or bar for breakfast and lunch and then a sensible dinner. they now have Slim Fast combination meals which are a Slim Fast product (shake, bar, smoothie) along with about 150 calorie add on. For example breakfast can be a Slim Fast shake and a piece of whole wheat toast topped with 1 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter, or 1/2 english muffin with 1 tsp of margrine and 1 tsp fruit spread. Lunch can be a Slim Fast meal replacement bar and1/2 a turkey sandwich, a mini pizza, or a goat cheese salad. You again have a sensible 500-700 calorie dinner and snacks in between. So you actually don't feel deprived.

The Slim Fast website is great. You can do so much with it. You can chart your weight lose progress, get weekly meal plans, and track evry bite you put in your mouth and it will analize it all for you. I have been using it religiously. It really keeps you on top of what you've been eating. They also recommend 30 minutes of daily exercise. I know it's difficult but it really helps get the results you're looking for. In the beginning I stayed the same for 2 weeks in a row. When I stepped up the exercise I started seeing and feeling the difference.

The best advice I can give is take it one day at a time. Set short term goals for yourself. Drink pleanty of water. Don'tbeat yourself up if you slip up, tomorrow is another day. Even if the weight is slow coming off, it's still coming off!!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:33 AM   #10  
Persistent and Stubborn

I took a look at the website and signed up, now I just need to take some time to really see what they have to offer. I am going to buy some of the shakes and bars after work today. I would be interested in joining a Slim Fast group if you started one.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:13 PM   #11  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I am thinking of trying slimfast, how is everyone doing on the plan.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Hello everyone,
I started the slimfast diet yesterday. I am hoping that this works for me. I have heard some really good things, but then I have heard some undesirable things as well. I decided to give it a shot and decide for myself. I am going the optima route, I dont' want to go no carb because then I have to give up too many of the foods I love, I just need to learn to eat my favorites in moderation. If you decide to do a slimfast club count me in. I am looking for support, and I can't cheat on my diet if I have to fess up to what I am eating. Good luck to everyone.
Jen
Old 05-26-2005, 07:52 PM   #13  

Cool

Wow. Looks like there are a lot of us Slim Fasters out there. I have been on and off it and am currently on it. I eat a 150 cal. yogurt for breakfast, a Slim Fast Shake at Lunch, an apple in late afternoon and a Lean Cuisine at dinner with a glass of wine (Aero - I have the same problem with wine - it helps me eat more slowly and feel like I'm having an elegant dinner - trouble is, I often go for the second glass. ). I'm not much of a cook and have problems with portion control so this helps. Sometimes this is not enough so I add something at lunch. I had a half bagel with cream cheese today. Sometimes I have a piece of fruit. I don't mind the taste, just wish they had more flavor varieties. I'm diabetic and should be cutting down on sugar so I have been using the Optima shakes. The current diet plans on their website recommends sandwiches or mini pizzas with the shakes. Frankly, that's too much food and I'm trying to avoid sandwiches for lunch.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:31 AM   #14  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

I would love to get on the Slim Fast plan and have tried it before, but I find it REALLY hard to stick to. For one thing, I really DON'T like the taste...I can handle the milk chocolate ones, but only if they're VERY cold. This brings up the problem of getting bored with the food. I tried a couple of the bars a few years ago and they were NASTY--very dry and bitter. Have they gotten better? Also, it gives me heartburn! The final problem is, it doesn't fill me up at all...then when I finally do get to the "real food" part I overdo it. Any advice for how to get on the plan and actually stick with it?? I think it would probably work if I could just stay on track...
Old 05-27-2005, 10:33 AM   #15  
Persistent and Stubborn

I started the Slim Fast plan again by introducing the shakes and some of the bars. I definitely like the plan better now that they encourage eating an extra 150 calories at breakfast and lunch. I think this is important because a shake alone is NOT enough. It also lets you feel like you've really eaten. I have cereal for breakfast so I don't have two shakes a day - helps with the boredom. I tried the chocolate chip granola meal bars and liked them. I'm still looking for the muffin bars.

If the plan does nothing else for me, at least I don't have to waste a lot of time thinking about what to eat for lunch.

rosettastone - how do you survive on so little food? It doesn't even seem like you eat 1,000 calories a day. I'm not counting the wine (don't know how many cals in wine). If I eat that little I get really hungry and sometimes get low blood sugar issues. Does it just take time to get used to less food?
Closed Thread