Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 07:33 PM   #1  

Default new here and looking for diet help

I am new to this board and am looking for someone that can help me get started on a good diet. I have been on atkins since dec26 and the scales just won't move. I read the book did everything by it completly what it said. I lost 36 lbs and stayed that way for months and I am ready to try something else. My problem is I dont know what to eat and how to count calories and looking for some good daily menus to follow. The only way I can lose is if I have something to follow. I would appreciate any help you can offer.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Hello there and welcome..... I dont usually post but I wonder if you would be better in a group like weight watchers or Tops.. .I prefer Tops as it is relatively cheap and the support is wonderful... they have a website as does WW.. Tops.org and there is a forum for Tops members here.... good luck ... India
Old 05-16-2005, 08:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/207/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Debbie! Try slimfast.com! They have a free weeb site and easy to follow ideas. The slim fast system is a calorie management system. They will provide you with a weekly food menu and calorie guidelines. I am about the same weight, and it suggest 1500 calories a day. Even if you decide not to buy the shakes, you still can get the jist of what is healthy to eat and what isn't.

As far as the Atkins way of life, I am not convinced that it is a safe way to live. The South Beach diet seems to be a better way of life. It is basically teaches you how to eat healthy and still enjoy the sweets you like in a healthier way.

I hope that this helps! Dont forget to exercise!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:40 PM   #4  
Registered (L)user

Lightbulb WeightWatchers is a Healthy way to lose

Hi Debbie, I have had good success with WW and after my doctor looked over the plan, he was pleased and said it is a healthy way to lose. It doesn't work for everybody, but take a look at it and see if it may be for you. If nothing else, it is a very flexible plan and you don't have to "do without" Good luck

Last edited by BeachCait; 05-16-2005 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:51 PM   #5  

Thanks for the info. I do have some buddies on slimfast.com I tried the low carb slim fast. I just need kind of a diet buddy to guide me and get me started mostly for support. I was on atkins support board but they kind of shun ya if u go off and do calorie.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:55 PM   #6  

I am new to this board so I will do some scoping around and take your advice and try the ww or the tops. I didn't know they had sites you can go to. Thanks
Closed Thread