Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:31 PM   #1  

Default I'm new and fat

Hi! I just found this awesome site. I'm definitely overweight and need to lose at least 35 pounds. I just found out I have PCOS, and I also have hypothyroid. Yikes!! I want my skinny body back. I must get back to the YMCA and soon. I hope to meet a ton of cool people here on this site. How fun to have other people to talk about weight loss with.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:51 PM   #2  

Yeah, there are many nice people around here, and it is nice to be able to talk to people who are going through the same sort of things you are in your weight loss journey. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing more from you on the forums!
Old 05-07-2005, 05:26 PM   #3  

Hi, I've been writing on these threads for about 8 months now. In the first six months, I did great and lost 40 lbs. In the past two months I've gained back about 10-15 lbs and lost my motivation. I keep trying to get back on track and thought that hearing the inspiration of new people might help.

As of this minute I'm starting again. I have a nice big bottle of sparkling water next to me and healthy food in the kitchen. I really want to reach my goal by the end of summer. Thanks for listening. I'll check back to see how you're doing.

gw 150
sw 210
cw 180 (about - I really need to weigh in)
Old 05-07-2005, 08:07 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Hi Mattie, welcome to 3FC. I have PCOS too - it sure messes things up, eh? Smart thing about the Y. PCOS'ers generally have to exercise a bit more than the rest of the population if they are insulin resistant. Don't worry though, you'll learn to love it.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:26 AM   #5  

Thank you all for your replies and warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know each of you better.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:38 PM   #6  

Default Hypothryoid stinks!!!!!!

Hi!!!!
I have been battling my thyroid for years! Take meds and still can't lose weight. Just gained my annual 8 lbs this month. In 2 weeks, while working out!
I have done WW many times and always lose my focus. I need to find a way to stay on it!!!!!!
Good luck to you. what is PCOS?
Old 05-09-2005, 09:51 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Insulin resistance and weight gain are common with it, and weight loss is harder for some women that have it. Some have PCOS and have no weight issues at all. Other symptoms can be thinning har, extra hair on face or other body parts, cysts on ovaries, acne, and infertility. You can have some of the symptoms and not others, but generally when women find themselves with a few of the symptoms it is a good idea to get blood drawn to check insulin and other hormones.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #8  
Jessica

Default I'm new and ready to lose 50lbs

I just found this awesome site, and hope to find support and possibly some new friendships. I'm a new mother, my son just turned 2 months , and my body is far from pre-pregnancy size. I gained 50lbs while I was pregnant. Before I found out I was pregnant, I had been dieting and was 20lbs away from my goal...now I am 50lbs away. Being a new mother, I'm having a hard time finding time to commit to an exersize routine right now. That leaves diet! I need more will power, and need to know what to eat. I have tried Atkins in the past , and love carbs to much to cut them out. By joining this site, I hope I can lose the weight and get down to MY ideal weight and soon!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:53 PM   #9  
WW Moderator

Welcome to 3FC, Jessica! Good luck meeting your goals.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #10  
Motivated Loser

Hi everyone!!! I'm new too! I am so motivated and ready to lose...so glad I found this board!
Old 05-15-2005, 01:50 AM   #11  

Hi Jessica -- I know how hard it is to be a new mom. My little boy is turning 2 next week, but it seems like I just had him yesterday. Eventually your life will settle down, but it never goes back to the way it was -- you just find new ways to live.

Hi Marie -- I'm glad you found this board too! I look forward to getting to know you better. I haven't posted much yet because I'm new too, but I really like this site.
Closed Thread