Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 02:23 PM   #1  

Default New here and reade to go for it

Hello. I am 32, a mother of 3, 5ft tall and 160-165 lbs (My scale isnt very acurate). I carry most of my weight in my tummy and chest. My bust size is 40F. I am hoping that if i do lose weight I will lose quite a bit in my bust area. Its near impossible to find clothes that fit.

I have no idea how to go about this. I tried Atkins and South Beach, and cant stick to it. I would like to try just plain old reduced calorie and exercise. I want to lose 50lbs.

I also suffer from major depression and am currently off medication. My doc says I may have to go back on at some point, but I seem to be doing fine for now. Thing is, I have no energy. I stay up late at night and lay around on the couch most of the day. I really want to break this habit. It got started because my daughter (4 yrs old) likes to cuddle while we watch her morning show. Once I get on that couch, though, I cant seem to get off.
I dont think its the depression, I think its just habit.

I would love a buddy, or someone to swap stories with and encourage each other.

Cirse aka Carolyn
Old 04-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #2  

Default Sound like your on the right track

Hi my name is Amy and I am new also. I know how you feel sometimes- I myself have three little ones- 7,4, and 7 weeks. I also carry my weight in my stomach and chest I dont want to sound discouraging but I have lost weight before (21 lbs in 3 weeks and none came from my chest) Im 4'11" and have heard every Dolly Parton joke in the world Im sure thats nothing new to you either. My goal weight is 130 Im 178 now. Hopefully when I reach my goal weight something will come off my chest I would be happy just to be a D again lol. Where are you from? Im in Ohio. Now that the weather has warmed up its alittle easier to get motivated Im hoping that helps me. Im doing weight watchers again- I have had really good results in the past but its very easy to fall behind without someone to do it with. feel free to message me or email me sometime Im not exactly sure how these posts work- can you see my email?

Last edited by threekids&akitchen; 04-18-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #3  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Cool Welcome!

Hello and WELCOME to 3FC! This is a great community if you want to chit-chat, if you want support, a friend, or even just some entertainment at work! My name is Rachel, and I am currently active on the Faith-Based Support Groups Forum, particularly the Christian Encouragers threads. The women there are so nice and welcoming, I invite you to try it out!

Just to introduce myself, I am a 17-year-old young woman from Omaha, Nebraska. I am in my second quarter of college, studying to become a teacher. I particularly am partial to kindergartners! I also am a member of St. Margaret Mary's Parish and I go to Mass often. I also might be discerning a vocation to become a religious sister. But about that another time!

So if you ever need a friend, just private message me or come on over to the Christian Encouragers thread on the Faith-Based Support Groups forum!

Old 04-18-2005, 03:09 PM   #4  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Wink

BTW I am 5'0'' so I know all of the Dolly Parton jokes too!
Old 04-18-2005, 03:37 PM   #5  
mom5kidz

Default Hi

Hello Carolyn - I'm Kim - Welcome - I'm new here, so maybe we can help each other.
Closed Thread