Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 12:02 AM   #1  

Default Newbie here

Hi Everyone,

Here's my story. I've been called chubby all my life. I was chubby as a baby, chubby as a little girl, chubby as a teenager (though I did silm down a bit, but that was just due to puberty), and now that I'm 27 years old and working behind a computer for 8 hours a day, I'm spreading out and gaining more weight.

Here are my stats: 5'5.5" tall, weigh 131 lbs. (w/o any clothes on), BMI is 22, BUT my body fat is steady 32%

People find it hard to believe that I have a body fat percentage of 32 even though I only weigh 131 pounds. Basically, I carry a lot of fat on my body, but given my height, I "hide" the fat rather well. My pant/jean size is an 11/12 in juniors and a 9/10 in Misses.

Basically, I'm just really frustrated and tired of seeing my peers being able to lose a lot of weight while I can't even manage to lose just 10 pounds. That's all I want to lose....just 10 pounds, but I have been working on losing it for 3 years now and it's not working. Since the end of November 2004, I've been taking 2 weight training sessions per week. Though this has helped me put some tone on my arms and legs, it really hasn't helped with decreasing my body fat. Even my weight trainer, Bill, is a bit confused as to why I don't seem to be dropping any weight or body fat percent. He says that people that only need to lose 5 to 10 pounds generally find it harder to lose the weight than those who need to lose 20+ pounds. However, I don't buy his theory. I don't know what to do. I will be the 1st to admit that I don't eat as healthy as I should, but I'm working on it. I'll be honest....I really don't know how to cook. I live off of frozen food (I bought some food from NutriSystem), Subway sandwhiches, and coffee. I've been eating a little bit more fruit and I'm trying to kick my diet coke habit. Back in 2000, I did lose a lot of weight. I went down to a size 7, which is my goal size, and my body fat dropped to 24%. During the time, I was ONLY doing 45 minutes of cardio (eliptical machine for 45 minutes @ 4 days per week) at the gym and no weight training. Currently, I'm doing weight training (2 days per week) AND cardio (eliptical machine 3 times per week for 45 minutes).....so why am I not seeing results like I did a few years ago? My metabolism couldn't have slowed down THAT much, could it? Of course, during those days....I would only have 1 cup of coffee for breakfast, 1 slice of chesse pizza for lunch, and usually a Taco Bell Mexican pizza for dinner.

I hope to find some advice and support from this website. Thanks!
Closed Thread