Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 04:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Calling any Sydney-siders...or others :)

Hi all,

New here and needing to lose about 50-60 kilos (110-132 pounds). Would LOVE to have a buddy... Would help if someone was in Sydney (or Australia even), but not that fussy! Just NEED to get this weight off!!!

Thanks!
Britt
xxxx
Old 03-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #2  
Beauty is within...

Hi Britt!

I'm from Adelaide, and am trying to lose about 35 kilos.

There's a couple of Aussie groups around, and I'm in one in the Supports section. It's good to see someone referring to kilos!

I'm looking for buddies to gain support as I am trying to get back into the swing of it all, after being "out of action" for a while.

What are your plans for losing weight? I see you want to do it so you can get pregnant? Have you got a goal date?

Hope to catch up soon.

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2005, 01:48 AM   #3  

Cool

comic sans MS7teal
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumptobump
Hi all,

New here and needing to lose about 50-60 kilos (110-132 pounds). Would LOVE to have a buddy... Would help if someone was in Sydney (or Australia even), but not that fussy! Just NEED to get this weight off!!!

Thanks!
Britt
xxxx
Hi Britt in sydney as well...... great trying to lose the weight before the baby ., great idea.....do u have any other children? im in the west of sydney ...married with 2 teenage kids
Old 03-15-2005, 05:06 AM   #4  

Hey britt, I'm in Brisvegas ha ha, so at least we can talk kilos here as lynne said LOL, welcome, I know how it fweels to wait to concieve, my dh and I try for months, it's not a weight thing, just an us thing I guess, I am now losing after having my baby girl poppy I love your profile pic, I love Anne Ghetti's I have her baby book welcome and good luck what plan are you following?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Aaaww...thanks for the welcome girls!! I guess I have the advantage in talking in kilos AND pounds!

Yes, trying to lose weight to get pregnant...our first. I just want to do it right from the start so on my prenatals already..heehee

Plan Im on? Well, one of our associate pastors at church, Dianne Wilson has a few books out: Back in Shape After Baby and Fat Free Forever (you can get them in any bookstore) and she is personally helping me on her program. Its low-fat, low-carb, but mostly about WHEN you eat your carbs, ie eating them earlier in the day as metabolism is fastest then. I was on it this time last year for 3 months and dropped 20 kilos (with walking 5 days a week for an hour as well), but went off it when I went home for a visit to the states and never got back into it..shame!

So, as for a goal date...would love to drop 25-30 kilos by mid-July (in time for ovulation..haha!), and keep continuing to lose while we try for bubby. Am going home in January, so would LOVE to be at my goal weight by then...

Im SO happy to have the support!

Britt
xxxx
Old 03-15-2005, 06:59 AM   #6  

Default Hi and welcome

Hi I am Lynda from Canberra.
Nice to meet another aussie ,there are a few of us here!!
I am new here and dont no to many here,but from what I have read there is so much support here.
Welcome and hope toget to know you !!!
Old 03-18-2005, 06:58 AM   #7  

Hello all,

I'm Beth, and I'm not in Australia, but would love to have a few buddies from Oz as my boyfriend grew up in Victoria. Would love to hear from anyone! I need all the encouragement I can get, and have plenty to give! We are at the end of another yucky winter here (the worst time for me, I always eat more during winter) and I seem to have found some extra motivation lately.

Hope to hear from you!

Beth
Old 03-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #8  

Hey girls how is everyone? just dropping in to say hi. Started my walking this am wo hoooooo it is so fresh and crisp in the mornings lately which I love!!! have a great day girls saw something funny on the uk fat chicks

LITTLE PICKERS WEAR BIGGER KNICKERS he he he
Closed Thread