Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #1  

Default Made it through my first day!!!

Woohoo! To me, getting started is the hardest. It was touch and go for a bit (especially right before dinner -- those donut holes were just staring at me but I stared right back and then turned my back) but I met my food intake and water goals for the day! Today is day 1 and with 100 lbs. to lose there will be many more to come. I'd love a buddy in the same boat or at least similar waters. Seem to have lost 2 already as I was preparing for my start day of February 1st! I'm following a reduced calorie combo with the food pyramid guidelines. I'll gradually start adding exercise but the water and food are total shocks to my system. I reside in the great state of Texas but have also lived in Florida and Pennsylvania. I'm 36 (quickly approaching 37), married (going on 14 years) with one child. Hope to talk to y'all soon!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:11 AM   #2  
stbakd

welcome sweety. did you spend the day in the washroom after drinking the water? glen
Old 02-02-2005, 10:16 AM   #3  

Welcome. I've recently just joined this board. I'm Angela and I'm 29, married with 3 wonderful children. I have about 44 pounds to lose. I'm currently following the Sugar Busters plan. I'm loving it. Finding the gumption to drink all this water is tough, but I'm making it. Good luck to you in your pursuits.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:20 PM   #4  

Thanks guys. Yes...I feel like I should move my office into the bathroom. It seems like a lot more is coming out than going in. I'm ensuring that I have all my water in while I am at work so that I'm not up all night. I'm staying pretty focused. My brother and his family are coming out for a visit in May and I'm hoping to see a difference by then. I haven't seen them in quite a while and I'd love to get a "Wow!". Well...off for a pit stop and to fill up my glass again.
- Janet
Old 02-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #5  

Boy...I just passed a MAJOR test! One of the girls that works for me part-time just came in and she brought me a large Cherry Limeade from Sonic Drive-In. I LOVE them!!!!! I looked up the nutritional value on Sonic's website and it would have been an extra 361 calories today. Just in a drink! I nonchalantly gave it to another co-worker in another glass and kept the cup on my desk for my water. I felt bad but I'm not ready to tell the world that I'm trying to lose weight and it was a nice thing for her to do. Oh well. I'm sure there will be greater challenges ahead. Day 2 went great and I think I'm on the right track for day 3!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 03:51 PM   #6  

Smile

SweetTea, Welcome! I'm also new to the boards but I wanted to send a welcome to a fellow Texan. If you are interested there is a good group of ladies at this message thread. Just click that link and it should take you right to it. Its a new little group and everyone seems very supportive.

Lisa
Old 02-04-2005, 04:35 PM   #7  

Well done sweet tea. I work in a call centre, where our every move is watched. In my first week I was pressing the magic button to turn the calls off every 15 minutes to go to the ladies! The call co-ordinator, kept looking at me strangely! He has since seen me eat my vegetables and cottage cheese at lunch times, so I think he knows what's going on now!!!!
Closed Thread