Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 05:31 PM   #1  

Default Looking for a buddy to keep me on track!!

I am getting married in October, so I set a New Year's resolution and this time I am going to stick to it!! If anyone is interested in doing a regular buddy thing let me know. I think it may help both/all of us stay on track and hopefully reach some goals

I was a little slow getting started but I have managed to lose 13lbs in the new year. My first BIG goal is to lose 50lbs, this will put me at 170lbs. I would love to lose more than that but I figure thats one big step to start with. If I could get that first chunk off I would be ecstatic! I'm pretty pumped about the first 13!

I am not using any special diet or anything...just trying lowfat, portion control, cutting out unneccessary snacking and getting in a minimum of 15minutes/day of exercise.

Old 01-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #2  
Nursie24740

Cool Hello

Say your thread and thought I'd respond. I too need a buddy to keep in touch with. I have lost 70 lbs since May of 2004 but I have a long way to go. I wanted to do gastric bypass surgery but was not able to do so and so I decided I was tired of walking 5 feet and having to sit down to rest. I started out weighing 368 lbs. It has been tough but it was either do it or die.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I got married in February and I hadn't lost a pound yet. I guess he loves me for my brains! We do not have children. This is my second marriage and his first. My first husband was killed in an automobile accident. That is when I started gaining all of my wt. I have never been tiny but I gained over 100 lbs after my first husband died. I am an emotional eater.

I joined TOPS in May and I had already lost 40 lbs on my own. After I joined I lost 30 more. They are very supportive but, they do not do it for you. They are there for support. It helps that someone is weighing you every week. It helps me to keep on track. My doctor has been thrilled with my progress and my health has improved by leaps and bounds.

Like you, I need someone to talk to sometimes. It has not been an easy journey and of course, I have a lllllllooooooonnnnnnggggg way to go. My doctor has told me that he would be thrilled if I got down to 200 lbs. I have 98 lbs to go.

I encourage you to find out if there is a TOPS group meeting in your area and join in on the fun. You won't regret it. There is a web site TOPS.org that you can check out and there is a search area on there that will help you locate the TOPS group nearest you.

Bless you and I wish you lots of luck on your mission. I'll be around if you are interested in talking sometime.

Lisa
Old 01-17-2005, 04:30 PM   #3  

Congrats both of you for your weight loss! I would love to be buddies with you guys! I also could use some encouragment and just someone to talk to when the going gets rough. I have lost 8 pounds since the first of the year. I still have a long way to go. My childern try very hard to help but sometimes we just need an adult to talk with. If either of you needs me just send me a private message, and I will reply as soon as I can.
Closed Thread