Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 08:37 AM   #1  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default I am back stronger and more determind then ever

Hi everyone,
I have been here before, many times before every time saying the same thing, "this time i am going to do it" I was always looking for a quick fix and when I didn't lose 5 pds a day I would give up.

I finally realized that is all those times I said I will do it if I only lost a 1/4 a pd a week I would have been at my goal weight along time ago. Does that make sense to anyone else???

So I have decided to put my trust in a good solid eating plan no quick fix no eliminating foods, no shakes just follow the Canadian Food Guide and losely follow the WW point system to pick the right foods. I will exercise at least 20 min a day, gosh I get a 1 hour lunch at work, can I not spend 20 min walking around town??? It almost sounds to easy doesn't it??? I know it isn't however, and I will not give up this time, I will realize that even a pound loss is better then a pound gained. I will exercise not only to help with my weight loss but to improve my health, I am tired of being tired.

I have the most supportive family in the world and a hubby who will walk with me every night even though he has a very physical job and is on his feet all day. And who also tells me to do this for myself not for him because he loves me just how I am.

I had hit my highest weight ever of 195 over the summer and as of this morning I am 189. I am 5'4" with a med build. I don't hide my weight well.
My baby will graduate from grade 8 in the spring of 2006 and I want to look to good to be the mother of a 14 year old, actually 17 year old as that is how old my first baby will be by then. I looked horrible in his grad pictures and I don't want that again.

Well, my gosh I did ramble on didn't I but it is good to get it all out.

If anyone out there is looking for a buddy, I won't give up like I have so many times before.

Well here we go, one step close to my goal.

Thanks for listening....reading....
Old 11-02-2004, 09:46 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back, hockey chic. It's nice to see you posting again. You seem to have it together now so run with it!
Old 11-02-2004, 10:20 AM   #3  
Doin' it this time

Default Thanks Ruthxxx

I do believe I have got it together this time. It might take be a while but I will make it.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #4  
CM from Tecumseh

Wink

You are really inspiring!

I am similar....I am 5' 2" and weigh 158 - the charts (and doctor) say a good weight for me would be 104-115 (ha and ha)....after three children and a 15-year old desk job PLUS severe arthritis in my ankle from a car accident years and years ago, there is no way I would make that my goal HOWEVER....I would be happy getting to 128 and staying there............so I am following weight watchers too and am very committed as well. I have a great hubby as well who would still love me if I was 400 lbs.. .but he knows I would be happier thinner...so....

This is a cool place but I am very confused about how it works....how to maintain contact with people...I've never belonged to a forum before, so any help you have (explain it as though I was a 7 year old).......would be great.

Best of luck! YOu can do it!
Old 11-02-2004, 10:27 AM   #5  
CM from Tecumseh

Hey Hockeychic - I'm from Canada too - near Windsor Ontario, as a matter of fact. You?
Old 11-02-2004, 10:58 AM   #6  
Doin' it this time

Hi Cheryl,

I am just north of Newmarket, near Lake Simcoe.

Bascially just want you have done is how you keep in contact with people. I have been here along time and these ladies are amazing. We sound very similar and would love buddy up and help you along.

Sorry for the short email, just trying to fit it in quickly at work....shhhhh...lol

Have a great day.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #7  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Can I join you guys too?

Hi Hockeychic and CM!

I'm hoping I can join in with you. I recognize Hockeychic's name and I too am from Canada--Thornhill--which is just north of Toronto.

I'm back at my highest weight again--178 and I'm 5' 7". I would like to get down to about 140. Like Hockeychic, I've been here several times too!

My story is that we are very close to adopting our daughter from China. We will be going in January to get her (we will find out who she is in the next week or so ) and I want to be in good shape for traveling.

I guess I'm ready to commit to making myself healthier (again!) because I've been lurking on these boards for a few days. I've also found myself NOT wanting to eat all my son's halloween treats and trying to choose healthier foods. I've also planned on PLANNING meals AHEAD of time! I'm going to write my dinners on the calendar and have a list of "legal" foods on the fridge.

I want to exercise every day--I have Slim in 6 from Beachbody and if I stick with it, my 6 weeks will be up just before Christmas and I can reward my efforts with a new dress.

I seem to do best when I eat foods with a low glycemic index, so a Sugarbusters, 2nd part of South Beach, that kind of diet is what I will try to follow.

So I hope I can join in. I need some help keeping myself accountable!
Old 11-05-2004, 04:30 PM   #8  
Doin' it this time

Hi Zanne, I remember you as well.

Well I am doing pretty good, it is hard not to fall into old ways, like oh no I didn't lose 2 pds today this isn't working. I am trying to be patience.

Congrats on the little girl, that is amazing. From what I understand it is a long process. I bet you can't wait for the new year.

Well I think it is 7 weeks today till Xmas. How about a challenge?? Exercise eating???
I will stick to the eatting plan I have set out for myself and I will exercise 5 out of 7 days. I will also allow myself a few treats along the way but only on a special occasion. How about it???

Have a great day and will chat later.
Kim
Old 11-05-2004, 07:36 PM   #9  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Challenges!

Challenges sound good to me!

I know one thing I really need to get back to is drinking a LOT more water than I am now. Lately I'm lucky to get in 500ml and I was up to 3 or more liters a day. I don't know if anyone else needs to work on the water consumption.

I REALLY have to get in my exercise. I had started the Slim in 6 program, but I'm going to start it all over. So I would like to exercise 6 out of 7 days. I will be starting on Monday.

I agree Hockeychic, a few treats along the way is ok. I know for myself, I will binge on stuff I have not allowed myself to eat.

I will try to eat proteins for breakfast as I find that really helps me--it fills me up and I don't get hungry as quickly. I have to cut down on my starches and sugars.

I am a really happy camper today--I found "agave nectar" at a local health food store. Agave is a liquid sweetener with a low glycemic index. I've only been using it in my coffee as the supply I had was limited and I had my inlaws bring it back from Florida a couple years ago, so I was getting low. I'll be stocking up on this liquid gold! I want to try it in more recipes now!

Enough of me rambling on.

Have a good weekend Everyone!
Old 11-07-2004, 10:41 AM   #10  
"I'm working on it!"

Default I'm Gearing UP!

Hey Gang!

I've told myself that I MUST start getting serious tomorrow. I still have today to do some planning.

I managed to drink a little more water than usual yesterday, but not nearly as much as I would like to be drinking. So that will be one of my goals for this week--by the end of the week, I want to be drinking at least 2 litres of water.

I'm gonna hop on the scale tomorrow and take my measurements to get my starting point. In my head I have a goal weight of 140, but I'll take fitting comfortabley into a size 12.

I tried to eat a little healthier yesterday. I didn't deprive myself if I wanted something. We were at the inlaws and they treated to Chinese food. I had a small piece of pie for dessert.

(An aside here--Hockeychic--I can't remember where you are--close to Keswick? My inlaws are in Keswick)

Today I will try to make more good food choices. It will be difficult again for dinner as we're going to my folks to help celebrate my SIL's birthday. I'll have a small piece of cake.

So, I am making a pledge to all you on this board--Come Monday, November 8th, I will begin my exercise program, drink more water and make the best food choices I can.

I'm getting jittery as we may find out who our daughter is THIS week! Rumor has it that the info may have been sent yesterday, so we have to wait a few days for translation. I'm pretty confident that it will be this week or next at the latest that we will find out for sure. at least I'm in "nesting" mode and cleaning the house like crazy, so that keeps me busy and away from thinking about food!

So here's to us! Let's make it a healthy week!
Susanne
Old 11-07-2004, 11:52 AM   #11  
Mel

Hi Susanne,
I remember you from several years ago on the SB boards
How exciting that your adoption plans are working out Best wishes on your challenge and your upcoming trip to China.

Mel
Old 11-08-2004, 06:55 PM   #12  
Doin' it this time

hey Zanne
Sorry didn't get online this weekend.....getting ready for XMAS!!!! Do you believe it???

Have you heard about the adoption yet??? Wow you must be soooo excited.

I am getting there slowly but surely....unfortunatly woke up to TOM this morning.....yuck and I did something to my back yesterday which is also hurting, my neck arms and legs...so exercise is out for afew days. I might get the family out for a walk tonight....considering all this wonderful snow we received today.

Oh, ya I am in Keswick.

Well gotta go lie down for a bit, working all day hurt my back more then I thougth. Have a great day and be strong we are going to get there this time.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:39 PM   #13  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Checking In

Hi!

Well, I think I had a pretty good day today. I skipped breakfast--Bad Zanne! Oh well. I had a healthy lunch and dinner and I've drunk at least 2 litres of water. I got hungry while making dinner so snacked on a couple of triscuits dipped into egg salad.

Exercise is scheduled for a little later tonight.

I bought some grapefruits for me to snack on while DH is eating his chips.

I didn't take my measurements today. I couldn't find the tape. And I forgot to weigh myself this morning. I'll have to do that all tomorrow.

CM--Where are you?

MEL--Thanks for the good wishes. I think you've shortened your screen name since the SB boards.

HOCKEYCHIC--You were NOT having a good day today. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow. I'm sitting on pins and needles. I was watching a message board and seeing a lot of Americans were getting the info on their little ones today. I think the Canadian agencies get their info the day after the Americans or else they take time to translate or something. So I think we will hear tomorrow or Wednesday. I won't be leaving the house except to take my DS to school and pick him up.

And HOCKEYCHIC you're right--We WILL get there this time!

Nighty Nite all
Old 11-09-2004, 08:11 AM   #14  
Doin' it this time

Zanne, keep us informed this is so exciting for you.

Well this is a new day, back is feeling much better, went in the hot tub last night for about 20 mins and it seems to have helped. I think I am going to have soup for lunch today....lol it is cold here but suppose to go from the -10 we have now to +10 tomorrow?????

I have a busy few days coming up but I will check in daily, daughter has hockey tonight, Wed, Friday and Sun. Son has guitar lessons on Friday night and then there is survivor night on Thurs...we all gather at a friends place. So my only free day is Saturday to grocery shop, clean, laundry.....yikes....I did say free day right....lol

Have a super day!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 10:43 AM   #15  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Morning

Well, I'm parked by the phone today. Hopefully today will be the day we get our call.

Ok, now I'm set--I have my coffee! I woke up REALLY late this morning. Had only 25 minutes before we had to leave for school. DS was doing his exercise DVD (first day in a couple months) so I didn't want to stop him. I made his lunch and breakfast and found clothes for him to wear and we got out the door a few minutes later than usual. Poor DS got extra exercise by jogging all the way to school to keep up with my fast paced walk!

I just had my breakfast. Hard cooked egg wrapped in a slice of lean ham. My coffee has my agave sweetener, but also real cream. One thing I will not give up.

I know I got in lots of water yesterday by how many trips to the little girl's room I made! I'm guessing about 3 litres. Once my body gets used to the water, I'll be making fewer pit stops

My "planned" exercise didn't happen I was in a bit of a hyper mood last night and instead I cleaned up our room a bit and was running up and down the stairs hauling suitcases to our room and then the things to go in the suitcases. Kind of hard packing for 4 people especially when you don't know exactly how big the 4th one is!

I DID take my measurements (found the tape while cleaning our room!). Those numbers are NOT nice! My weight hasn't moved since last week. At least better than going up!

I had better go do something constructive. I can see I'm rambling. When DH does nights, I tend to stay up real late too, but then have to get up early for DS. I can tell I'm tired cause I'm rambling. Sorry!
Closed Thread