Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 02:57 PM   #1  
a.k.a. Roxy

Smile My People!!!!

Hi Chicks!
I googled an excersize tape and came across all of you, accidently,and I have to say, WOW! What an AWESOME group of people! What an inspiration! You all are ME! I'm new as of today! Why did I register on a Friday of all days? I guess that I'm not going to wait another day, Carpe Diet (Seize the diet)! I'm very isolated, S.A.H.M., large busy family and truly I did'nt realize that there was this type of support. I have some issues, I know, join the club. First I just turned the big 4-0 this year ! My Aunt is now dying of colon cancer, and my dear friend told me last week she now has it too. I gave birth in March to #4 ds, so I am currently nursing. I am living with crazy stick-people. My dear family are all thin.
They have absolutely no idea what it is to be over weight and are of little help in my efforts to decrease my size. During my pregnancy I did Atkins Maintenance and gained only 7 Lbs! My midwife was so impressed, and I had a healthly good-sized baby (7.2-22"). Great pregnancy and water delivery.
Now, I weigh more than when I had him! I went on a see-food diet for 6 months. Oink! I really need that everyday "atta girl" and stick to it mentality that I and just not getting with my stick-people. I am sooo glad I googled!
Oh btw, my user name is not sexy, that's what dh told me I look like when I'm workin' hard.(ouch!) Don't worry he loves me. He also not cruel, just thinks he's funny. I hope that I can find a buddy(s)! Oh happy day!
~Roxy
sw/ 265
cw/ 264
gw/140
Old 10-29-2004, 03:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Roxy!!

You did find a great place! So many different threads to choose from and so many wonderful people who are supportive and caring and never judge. We even had some who have met in person and became better friends!

I hope you get the chance to browse around more and really get to know the place. You'll eventually feel at home!!

So don't hesitate to stop in any thread that you come across and post. Everyone will be glad to hear from you and get to know you.

Good luck to you and..........

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!
Old 10-29-2004, 03:20 PM   #3  
i luv my dog!

Welcome - glad you found us. You'll find lots of support as well as information and recipes, success stories, and pictures too. Have fun!
Old 10-29-2004, 04:04 PM   #4  

Roxy,
I'm new here too & trying to get settled in. I'm a SAHM & beginning homeschooler. I have 2 DD's & I *think* my youngest is pretty much weaned. I used that as my excuse since the birth of my 1st DD (I'm nursing & I don't want to diet & secrete toxins into my milk ). Yeah, like being overweight is healthier for my family & like I was going to lose weight so rapidly my child would be hurt. So kudos to you for going for it while nursing! I am looking down the barrel at 40 (I just turned 38) & I really would like to lose weight & get fit by that mark. I have said for the past 2-3 years that the 40's are going to be my decade, but I really need to get off my tush & make that happen. I yet here I sit on my tush. So good to "meet" you & best wishes on your journey!
Michelle
Old 10-29-2004, 04:43 PM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Thanks for the welcome!
It's so great to know that I'm not the only one. I have been having lots of fun looking around here. btw I have had good luck with a low carb lifestyle and a doc told me, that it is okay to lose while you are nursing. Just not drastically, like induction. Maintenance is more like it. This also comes from a question submitted to the Atkins web site. 40 is a good time to reevaluate your priorities, it's the half way mark right? What's the alternative...41 and still fat! I don't want to be there anymore. I don't know what I will do South Beach looks interesting, I don't know anything about it. It appears, I'll have to do some research. Anyway, it isn't all diet, I have to get off my keyster. When your a blub it is so hard to move without wanting to die. Also I love my coffee (leaded) I think I'll have to give that up too. Boo hoo! Thanks Kids for letting me play too.

~Roxy

sw/265
cw/264
gw/140

Gotta get one of those ticker thingies, too cool.
Closed Thread