Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #1  

Default I wanna be a gr8 big loser!

Yes, you read the title correctly! I want to be a gr8 big loser. Of weight that is. I am ready to start being a loser, would love some company along the way. What makes you a loser?

I have a plan, first is to start working out again. I have dusted off the treadmill and been walking on it, 3 times this week so far. . Second, I am getting a few books from the library on healthy eating and portion sizes. Third is to: Just do it!!!!

Cheers, Rooschick

Last edited by shortyrooschick; 10-21-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:16 PM   #2  

Hi rooschick.. ..looks like my plan is the same as yours. Dust off the treadmill and eat smaller, healthier portions. I have been doing this for .. oh a week and a half or so now, and already feel better! If you need company, let me know.
Later!!!

-nona bologna
Old 10-22-2004, 12:09 AM   #3  

Hi Nona .... I hope I soon feel better about it, I really don't enjoy doing the workout, but I feel super after I am finished (maybe cause it's over??? teehee)! I'm still reading about the dieting part ..... but I did write down what I ate today. Actually I inherited a disc from TOPS that is like a food and exersize diary, so I installed it. Interesting. Might be quite helpful actually. I did go over what I am supposed to have, but only by 100 cals .... so I guess that's a success. How did u do today?

Rooschick
Old 10-22-2004, 07:55 AM   #4  

Hi rooschick,
I did really good yesterday thanks. Ate lots of raw vegetables between meals and had a good walk when I got home from work. I have to start drinking more water though....I have to force myself. Unless I'm thirsty, water isn't something I reach for. I can't count calories...I am just cutting back...some days more than others. I have to think of this as a lifestyle change rather than a diet...because it's something I want to be able to continue when I've reached my goal weight. I feel really good about it right now...and hope this feeling continues for awhile lol...take care and I'll talk to you later!!!

-nona bologna
Old 10-22-2004, 08:32 AM   #5  

Hi again rooschick,
I was thinking, maybe we should set goals for ourselves concerning exercise. We both have treadmills, we could each do a certain amount per day...? what do you think?
Old 10-22-2004, 10:01 AM   #6  

Thumbs up

Hi Nona,

goals 4 the treadmill? hmmm, ok .... I have one already. To get on it and walk. Which I had not been doing till this week. Sounds awfully simple, but so far so good. I did 24 mins yesterday, with a bit more incline(5% then 3%) . I am going to have to work into this, I have a bad knee and it needs a bit more strength to go more than 25 mins just yet. But that will come. I am so ashamed to say the first day I could only do 10 mins, with no incline and super slow! Progress already!

How did you do?
Rooschick
Old 10-22-2004, 01:48 PM   #7  

Wow 24 minutes is awesome for your first week! ... On a good lately I do 20...but I get bored....I need to hook up a tv or something to keep my mind occupied. At the moment I have a white wall to look at lol . When I started I was at the 10 min mark too....and felt pretty darn proud every minute done in activity is a minute less spent in inactivity. My treadmill doesn't have an automatic incline so I tend to just leave it as it is....I have to manually lift the thing and re-peg it...I don't think so lol. Feel free to message me on yahoo anytime, it should be on my profile.
Talk to you later....
Old 10-22-2004, 02:00 PM   #8  

manually lift the incline .... hmmm is that weight lifting??? hehehe. I did watch some tv while I walked today. Yesterday I read a book, grab a large print one from the library, easy to read while walking. I have gotten 4 days in this week and I am feeling pretty awesome about it!
rooschick
Closed Thread