Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 03:30 AM   #1  
kelly

Default heya..new here..and looking for buddies!!

hello ladies...how are ya? Good, I hope. Im a member over at the Womens Day forums and someone posted this link and here I am! So much to read I think this place will def help me out and do some good for me. Looks like a great place to meet some new friends and not only get support but to give some as well..way cool...

heres alil bit about me and my story (weight problem) Im 28yrs old and before I had my daughter almost 10 yrs ago, I weighed 125lbs at 5'0ft. Perfect for me. Once I had my daughter, I gained 52lbs!! Well...its 10yrs later..I still have it and more. Last time I checked, I was 180lbs and that was a few months ago. Since then Ive moved and I didnt buy a new scale..so I have to go by my clothing..which my 14s and 16s are tight! Through those yrs that Ive tried to lose weight, I think I tried just about every weight loss program..trying to lose weight and failing and not being able to deal with it mentally and emotionally, I become depressed. I think I totally have the worst self-esteem anyone can ever have. Last year I tried Atkins and I lost about 14 lbs..I felt great! I remember how good it finally felt to see myself slimming down and getting into clothes that have been waiting for me in my closet! It was the best feeling. Then..I went to a wedding and since then (last july-2003) I went downhill. I gained back the weight I lost and like I said, I dont have a scale now..But just by looking at my body, I have gotten toooooooooooo heavy. I just wanna cry and I sometimes find myself wanting to slip back into the depression stage again. My husband passed a few comments but I know he doesnt mean to hurt me...but it still does. He is slim of course and always has been, so he really doesnt understand how screwed up in the head I am over this..or was in the past. I keep telling myself to start a diet or just cut back..every week and then I fail. I also have a lil gym here in my apt complex, so I have no excuse not to go! I dont understand what my problem is. I would like to go back on Atkins again..But I dont know if I can find the willpower to do it. Why is that? Why is it that I want something so bad but just cant seem to acheive it? bah. I rambled on tooooooooooo much. sorry!!!!!!! thanks for listening ladies..and even tho I need support myself, I hope I can join in the support for others.

Last edited by mrskelly; 10-17-2004 at 03:40 AM.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:34 AM   #2  
kelly

oops.. With all that rambling I did, I forgot to ask how do I join in on your check in programs or goal programs you guys got going?!! I know its prob here somewhere right in front of my face...its like 230am..Im tired..hehehhee...

thanks ladies!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 12:14 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Hello, Kelly! I will admit that Atkins can look tough before you start it. Panic sets in when you realize 'this is my last potato, this is my last glass of milk!' My suggestion is to pick a date, and from now to then, read the book, print out menu plans, make a big ole grocery list, and the day before you start, clean out the kitchen. Maybe if you get this organized as an adventure it will be easier to get started. I think it's exciting to start a new diet! Think of all the possibilities that you can try, and there IS hope that THIS will be the most successful diet you have ever been on.

As for goal programs, just find a thread and jump right in. We love newbies!! I'm sure you'll be welcomed anywhere you go!
Old 10-19-2004, 12:26 AM   #4  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

Hi Kelly hope you don,t mind me barging in, I can be pushy at times, I agree you,d be welcome anywhere here I post on Daily Check in great bunch of ladies why not pop in sometime well just thought I SAY HI bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-20-2004, 01:00 AM   #5  

HEY!!!!!!!!!
Imagine seeing you here!!! LOL LOL

HUGS!!
Closed Thread