Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 04:27 PM   #1  
knittygirl

Default I'm new and would love to support and be supported by a buddy....

This year, I hit my highest weight ever at 237. I started a diet program in August 2004 and am down to 216 as of today.
It has been a struggle and there have been times when I cheated.. especially at tailgates over the weekends.. I am having a really hard time getting motivated to exercise. I just hate it although I know I need it.

Most of my life I was fairly slim but since meeting my husband, getting married, going to graduate school, etc.. all the weight came on by my eating while stressed out. I am committed to lose the weight right now. My family and husband supports me.

I would like to have a buddy on here to support and be supported by!!

Last edited by melmsu; 10-13-2004 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:00 PM   #2  
Certified Wannabe

S/C/G: 303.8/285.4/175

Height: 5'5.5"

Default We're Twins!

I am just like you! Except for the having gotten motivated enough to lose any weight part. I remember when my peak weight was 237...I was reading that weight loss book by Oprah and she mentioned in it that her top weight was 237 and that she was sitting at a Mike Tyson fight when he was announced as the Heavyweight Champion of the World weighing in at 237 pounds...I felt so awful because I'd weighed myself that morning and I was at 237 as well!!!

Now, I have surpassed that, weighed in yesterday and was at 265!

I am also 26, from Michigan (even attended MSU for awhile) and was very slim when I met my husband but have slowly gained weight over the years.

I am hoping to get started on a weight loss plan...I hope that in a few months I can be like you, looking back on 20 pounds lost happily. Congrats on such a wonderful beginning. PM me or post here if you ever need to talk or vent or want to encourage!
Old 10-17-2004, 04:48 PM   #3  

Former Michigander here--I grew up in East Lansing, spent many fun nights having nachos at El Azteco! I live in New England now.

Successfully lost 16 or so pounds on WW, have gained back 3-4 lbs. and am trying to figure out ways to incorporate more exercise into my life. I generally like the WW plan, tho. I try to eat in a more whole foods/less processed way than many of their recipes are. I do enjoy the support and accountability of the meetings.
Closed Thread