Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 01:01 PM   #1  

Unhappy Need to find "me" again - need a buddy

Have you ever avoided mirrors so that you don't have to look at yourself and see what you look like?! I have been doing that for some time now and I feel like I have lost myself along the way. I feel dazed and confused. I am tired of shopping in the plus size section. I am tired of being "the fat mom" - I am worried I am setting a bad example for my kids, especially my daughter. My 8 year old daughter is constantly told how much she looks like me - I heard her reply back to someone yesterday that she does not look like me because she is not fat. That was my wake up call. So here I sit in tears and wonder where do I go from here? What is the next step? I called my doctor this morning and booked a full physical for next week.
Anyone else out there in this capsizing boat?
Old 09-09-2004, 03:59 PM   #2  

Hi Laurie: I have the same feelings as you but don't give up......whenever you need to talk or vent just send me a line. Two years ago I lost 80 pounds only to have gained it back in the last year for various reasons....or so I tell myself......I just ignored the signs of falling back into my old habits. Now I need the modivation to get myself to lose once again. Being fat isn't me....it changes my personality...I become withdrawn......people treat you differently.......and shopping is no longer fun. Maybe you and I can get on the right track together. I noticed your from Canada.....I was born in Exeter, Ont. and most all my relatives live in either Ont. or B.C.....you see......we have more than just weight in common .
Let me know what you [email protected]

Trish
Old 09-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #3  

Smile Hi Trish

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I would like that if we could be motivational buddies. I have sent you an email.
Closed Thread