Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 05:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/?/130

Height: 5'2

Question What do you use for motivation?

Lately I am not very motivated to lose weight. I have alright lost about 30 pounds and now I just seem to be off my diet and cant hop back on. If you could just tell me what motivates you, maybe it could motivate me to.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:14 PM   #2  

I had my bf take some "before" pictures of me and boy was that scary. Just looking at those is motivation enough! ha ha... I also saved some "skinny clothes" that I used to be able to wear. I have one skirt that I can't believe I ever fit into. I put the rest in boxes, but am keeping that skirt out as a reminder. I post and read here every day, and also read something fitness related every day. I have a couple of great gals here that I check in with, post my daily menu, etc. and that helps me stay focused. My main motivation comes from having a greater desire to get thin and fit than the desire to eat a doughnut (or five...) You have to find that desire deep within you, most of all. Do you have any journals from when you started losing weight, with reasons why you started? Maybe reviewing that will help you remember why this was so important to you. You've done really well. Don't give up on yourself now.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:35 PM   #3  

For me, health is a big motivator. By my early 40s, I already had been diagnosed with hypertension and high cholesterol. Through healthy eating and exercise (and weight loss), I've now greatly reduced the cholesterol and gotten the hypertension under control enough for the doctor to allow me to step down my meds to 3-4 times a week vs. every day.

Also, like goofgirl said, looking at my "before" photos is enough to motivate me to never want to be there again (and that was only 35 pounds ago).

Finally, I've worked SO HARD for a year just to get this 35 pounds off and to improve my health conditions, it would be like giving up on myself to stop now.

Those are my motivators. Don't know if any of them apply to you, but hope this has been of some help.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:52 AM   #4  

Friendly competition, enjoying being fitter, wanting to lose weight instead of needing to lose weight and thinking I will be so much slimmer and fitter by Christmas.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:10 PM   #5  

I didn't have too much motivation until one day I stuck to exactly what I said I was going to do and it made me feel so great that it was motivation enough to do it everyday!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43866 I posted this thread in the 100lb club, but I think it might say a little bit more of what I'm trying to express. check it out and good luck with your goals, everyone's here to help!
Old 07-22-2004, 05:56 PM   #6  

Hi. Mine would be having a SIL that thinks she is better then me at everything she does.. so I am motivated to be skinnier then her, so she can hate me for that too

Seriously...health is a big thing. I have PCOS too so I'm well on my way to Type 2 diabetes if I don't take control now. Also I want to be able to shop in the regular size section and be able to buy and wear cute stuff!!

It really helps if you have a partner to help you out...go on walks with you, refuse to go to the ice cream shop with you...stuff like that LOL Good luck!
Old 07-22-2004, 09:33 PM   #7  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

to keep me modivated is that i take a piece of poster board and cut out people who are skinny in a magazine. i paste them on the poster board. i put the poster board on the door to where all the snacks are. everytime i try to go in there i look at the poster board and say to myself...do u want to be skinny or not? and thats what keeps me modivated.

-kaitikat
Old 07-23-2004, 05:11 AM   #8  

I love new clothes, manicures & pedicures. I set mini-goals and "reward" myself with those things. Also, seeing how far I have come and how much better I feel is a big motivator to continue and maintain. Good Luck to you!
Closed Thread