Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 07:30 AM   #1  

Question Wanna buddy half way round the world?

Hi I'm Sarah,
I was so excited to find such a positive motivating community! I too am looking to make some major lifestyle changes and finally lose this extra weight I have been carrying around.
I am a 31 year old Canadian ex-pat living and working in Korea. I just got married a year and a half ago. We are thinking about kids but not quite ready yet. I was diagnosed with PCO's 11 years ago and have struggled with my weight since I was a teenager. Love the carbs and sweets. And of course I hate exercise... Some of my issues include
  • All or nothing attitude
  • very difficult to find diet or lite products in Korea
  • Don't have a gym that I can join.
  • Very hectic work schedule.
  • Procrastination
I have just finished reading and working through the Dr. Phil book and am trying to apply it to my daily life. My husband finally got on the band wagon and is very supportive. We have started jogging together every evening. I have the "Walk Away The Pounds", but I need to find a better pair of aerobic shoes.... (maybe this is an excuse ) before I can get really into it.

My weight right now is 184 lbs and my first goal is 145lbs. When I started, about 3 months ago I was pushing 200 lbs. I am looking for someone to be accountable to, twice a week or more... And I promise to be there for you too!

I am looking for advice on other good work out tapes, and tasty recipes that don't need a lot of fat-free ingredients.

Good luck and I hope to see less of you....

Sarah
Old 06-02-2004, 07:38 AM   #2  

I love Kate's Cardio Combat, it's a UK tape based on kickboxing. The moves are all easy in themselves but it does get you knackered. I also like tae bo that's pretty fun as well.

Well done on your loss so far that's really cool

Dill
Closed Thread