Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 02:02 AM   #1  

Default Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum.

I'm a 30 year old stay at home mom. I have 2 little boys (1 & 3). I currently weight in at 134lbs and long term goal is 120 lbs. I have many issues from childhood and growing up that I have to over come in order to successfully lose and keep the weight off. I've come here to listen to other stories and share some of my own feelings. I really believe that in order to be successful, you have to change the behaviors that keep the weight on. I lost 30 lbs after my second child in 9 months. I did it thru diet pills, running 3-4x week, pilates, and starvation. I've gained 10 lbs in the last 6 months but am still doing everything except starvation. I overeat because of other issues that I have and I've decided today that I have to change my mentality as well as behavior. I pretty much know that my problems stem from insecurity and my need to constantly compare myself to others, but there's gotta be more to it than that so I'm going to start "soul searching". I don't know if this will work but I'm so tired of the quick fix diet and being right back where you started a couple months later. I ahve much more to say, but I'll save it for later. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2004, 10:52 AM   #2  
Legend in my own mind

welcome Corazon615, glad to meet you.
I have a tip for you today:
NO mater how rich, or beautiful, or thin, or popular one may be, there will
always be someone who is seemingly better than you.
That means, quit compairing yourself to others, its a waist of time, and will only make you feel inadequate. Remember always that you are the best and nothing will stand in your way as long as you are your own best friend.
that being said, I hope you stick around and get the support you need from all of us nice people.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:59 AM   #3  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Hi Corazon! Partytime is right that you have to cease comparing yourself to others. Yes, easier said than done. Therefore maybe you can get Dr. Phil's book. I have never read it but I hear it is great. It explores the emotional issues behind eating. I might get it as well because I know there has to be a reason I have this weight on and a reason why I overeat. You seem to be well on your way and know yourself well but the book might still benefit you. Also the support on here is great and I'm sure it will help you on your journey. Welcome and good luck!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:20 PM   #4  
Changing the things I can

Corazon,
Hi, I'm Stefanie. I too tend to compare myself to others.... and I know I shouldn't. I have an older sister who is soooo thin... and, she wasn't always that way. She struggled with her weight a lot in the past. Well, she's so skinny now (BTW it kmakes her look older than her 50 years)...and she has just about stopped eating it seems like. And she will be proud to tell you how she 'only ate one cup of frosted flakes today' --- Aarrgghh!!! It used to gripe my butt every time I heard some &*@$ like that.

But, through certain events over the last year, I have learned that even though I'm heavier than she, first, I'm healthier, and second, I truly believe I'm much happier on the inside than she is, or might ever be...... something I've learned, too, in the last few years, is that I'm comparing my insides to other people's outsides a lot.... and that will always fool me.

Even though someone may look thin & beautiful, happy... they may just well be plain old miserable on the inside. So, take the advice of the others here, because it's mine too...

Just focus on yourself, your changes you want to make.... and you will find that you have less time to compare, you'll be so busy planning menus, and chatting here.... etc!

Plus, don't forget this: You are aware that you eat for emotional reasons.... I do too, as I would imagine most of us do... Well, that awareness is the first step to changing .... As a matter of fact, if you are aware of something, you are already on your way to changing it. Once I accepted the fact that I was overweight & liked to overeat, really accepted it, i was able to start doing something different...

Sorry this is so long, but I'm glad you found us, keep coming back! It's the greatest! And, if you would like an email friend, I'd be happy to write... Just send me a PM & I'll give you my email......
Hugs to you,
Stefanie
Closed Thread