Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 12:17 PM   #1  

Red face New and need a buddy!

Im new to this and would like to have someone to chat with! Im 26 a stay at home mom with 2 small children. My husband is great but works many hours and is never realy home. I realy need an adult to talk with! Im about 5'5 198# my goal weight is 145# I need someone to get me going everyday and tell me it can be done!

Last edited by markay1024; 03-24-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:24 PM   #2  

Hey Markay I sent a reply under my first message and sending one to yours also to make sure we catch each other. I see you are online right now so hope I type fast enough for you to get this before you get off system. I think we could help each other alot. Our stories do sound alike. I just did the WOTP video and it felt good. Not to hard just right. It starts you off with a 1 mile walk and you can work up to the 2 and 3 mile walk. They even have one that is 4 miles. I am starting the 1 mile for the first week and then working on the 2 mile until I feel like I am ready to move on up. So far today I am doing really good. I did not go back to bed when the kids went to school and I have eaten and drank my water the way I should. So far so good. And the best thing of all I feel better today than I have in months. Weird but I think this is going to work. Hope we can work together and we will BOTH lose all this FAT TOGETHER. We can be sisters in sweat! LOL Hope to hear from you soon.
Oh can you tell me you CW GW and what your first goal?

Tammy9
CW237
GW150 or less is good
First Goal 199 anything under 200 is good with me.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:37 PM   #3  

HI Tammy! This is fun im realy getting into it! You asked me my CW witch is 197 and my goal weight is145 my first goal is 180 by summer! Oh and my name is Sarah! I think (no I know we can do this!!)! Do you mind if I ask you your age? I hope to talk to you soon, maybe we could email each other!
Old 03-22-2004, 02:50 PM   #4  

Hi Sarah, I know it feels good to finally be able to share with people who understand and don't judge. I am 35 and will be 36 in June. I feel so old sometimes. LOL I would love to email each other. It will make me accountable and keep me on track. Have you started anything yet?
Old 03-22-2004, 02:57 PM   #5  

I was going to Curves and loved it then winter came in Michigan and I live about 10 mile from there and it was hard for me to get my 3 year old and my now 9 month old out in the cold, my mom would work out and then take my girls home to her house and then I would pick them up and she lives another 6 mile from there and that is to much running for the little ones. If you want to email me my email is you can also find me on MSN. Oh and your not old! Let me know when is a good time to talk!

Last edited by markay1024; 04-01-2004 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:03 PM   #6  

My email address is [email protected] I have yahoo messenger not sure about MSN messenger could get it and it would be easier to IM on days like today or emailing back and forth is good also. I live in Texas right now weather good. Just moved from North Dakota missed the snow this year. You have your hands full with a 3 year and and 9 month old. I bought the Walking Away the Pounds dvd series and you can do the 1 mile walk in 20 min. and the 3 mile in 45 mins. I would think time is your biggest challenge. Am I right?
Old 03-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #7  

Yes you are! I get a little time in the morning after my 3 year old gets on the bus and is off to school, before my baby gets up, if im lucky! So tell me how WATP works!
Old 03-22-2004, 03:28 PM   #8  

Well today was my first day. And I am still feeling it. Does that say anything. They start you with 1 mile and work up to 3 miles. I am going to do the 1 mile this week and work my way up. You walk in place. Sounds silly huh? They have this band that helps with upper body. I feel like I did a hour workout but it was only 20 minutes. It starts slow just walking in place, there are some knee lefts, some kicks and thats it. Starts out slow speeds up and slows down. I felt challenge but not completely out of breath. I could breath throughout the whole thing. I felt very energized afterwards. Sarah I feel good. And I have not felt good in a long time. I think this is the thing for me. The big challenge is eating every 2 hours so my body keeps up the metabolism. Never thought I would here myself say that. LOL
Old 03-22-2004, 03:42 PM   #9  

Sounds good im not into all that jaz like they show on the cable channel! I cant see how anyone can do some of the things they want you to do! Half the time I cant keep up with them! I spend most of my time trying to figure out how the heck they do it! Im going to try to walking with one of my good friends she also has a weight prob. she spent a ton of money on weight watchers and she did good for a while she lost like 35 pounds but she is the type thats dosnt keep up with anything she loses intrest real fast and I need someone who is in it for the long run!
Old 03-22-2004, 03:53 PM   #10  

Well this is what I have discovered about me. I cannot Diet. I don't even like saying the word. For me this is a new beginning I call it "Eating healthy and Exercise". Its a lifestyle change because if I don't change my style of eating and living I will go back to the same routine and gain it all back. And I refuse to be that person anymore. I am determined to lose it and keep it off. I am not going to buy alot of so called "diet" foods. I am going to eat what my family eats but in correct portions. We eat pretty healthy most of the time. And I feel its ok to eat ice cream everyonce in a while as long as its not the whole container full. But this is what I know will work for me. And I am going to get of my big fat butt and exercise. Sorry if thats blunt but hey its the truth. I think you would like the WATP series. And I think its great that you have a friend to walk with. You can do it!!!!!! All it takes is one step and you've started.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:55 PM   #11  

Sarah I have sat here long enough for today. Need to get up and move. I will chat with you tomorrow. Keep up the good work lady you are a winner and you can do it.
Closed Thread